Is Ellis to Yarran worth a trade??

Started by juzztheball, July 05, 2012, 10:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juzztheball

With 6 trades left I'd be treating it as an upgrade while technically he's cheaper. Is it worth the trade ie. Will yarran outscore Ellis for the rest of the year?

Manbearpig

Since you're practically swimming in trades I would do it. Yarran is potential premium material and probably worth the risk.

The Bomber

Is your team set? Mind you this is a risky move especially when there are other premiums under priced atm as well.

dickitch

i just got suggested this in my thread, and im not too sure - it seems a bit sideways, altho if your team is complete then may be worth a shot.  My team is not complete and i have 7 trades and definitely not swimming in them  :)

brownmans muffins

Not sure how this is sideways.
Ellis seems to be about a 55-65pt player and massive sub risk (even when healthy).
Yarran on the other hand carries an injury risk (only times he's gotten vested) but is a bit of a thoroughbred who can comfortably average above 80 (for 250K!) whilst having the ability to pump out some solid 100s - check out his history.

I'm brining him in this week for Clarke / Townsend / Ellis / Old Mac and hoping it serves several purposes: put a good player on the field and get rid of or hide a bad player, make some money, effectively save a trade for later.

dickitch

i see the temptation here, but i need to be sold more - his last 4 scores before last round were 25, 42, 36, 30 - i don't understand how that is classed as an upgrade and as someone said in my thread a 'no brainer'?  Honestly, would be interested to know why this is not sideways

juzztheball

How many of those low scores were sub effected is my question. Can anyone find out??

brownmans muffins

JTB - you can get it on the news articles on his profile page; bit tedious but looks valid.

Basically
R4    ESS 58 - started getting hurt (toe)
R8    ADE 26 - SUB ON after HT
R10  PTA 42 - ? not sure if vest / injury involved
R11  GEE 36 - SUB ON in Q3
R12  WCE 30 - SUB OFF in Q4
R14  HAW 98 - healthy again?

Cruiseon

Premiums rarely get subbed. At the time of year when you want all upgrades to be close to premiums , Yarren is definitely not a premium.

As an aside I doubt Collingwood will let him run freely off half back tonight.

dickitch

still sounds risky, i guess you could wait til next week - that way you get to see how he goes this week, and the price rise of both should still make the trade cost negligible 

charliesheen

Only worth considering if your on like <4 trades.  Even then marginal call.