Tips on trade this week, and where to go from here

Started by dickitch, July 06, 2012, 10:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dickitch

Picture of team shown below for the purpose of helping you ask my trade questions, not asking you to 'rate my team'

So this week so far I have trade out J Macdonald, moved Deledio to mids and brought in Carrazzo (Plan will be to have lids back in defence soon or by team completion)

So my question is what should be my second trade this week, if any?  I have 7 trades left after bringing in Carrazzo and $366.9k - and how should i be planning my other upgrades, I have 4 or 5 to get complete team i think, but not sure i will be able to afford it.  Do i have enough trades to cash in on redden or orren for Campbell?

enzedder

I'd trade out Ellis next. Move Lids back and depending how important cash is to you get one of JSelwood (most of cash gone), JP Kennedy or Rocky. You could trade out Treloar but he gives good cover for the time being and by trading Ellis you get rid of a cow, get Lids back and get another premium into your mids which is vitally important.

Rowan1812

Ellis to Yarran is a no brainer. and trade s shaw and switch with deledio into backs and then get in Judd in the mids

dickitch

Yeh this was my exact thought, but if i do that this week i am left with no money at all which is why i thought maybe cashing in on one of my bench rookies for campbell and then next week doing the ellis > premo mid - and potentially downgrading other ruck to Spencer (or some other bubble dowgrade) - my concern is then running out of trades and time.

dickitch

Quote from: Rowan1812 on July 06, 2012, 10:28:32 AM
Ellis to Yarran is a no brainer. and trade s shaw and switch with deledio into backs and then get in Judd in the mids

Then bring in Murphy and Betts?  I don't see how Ellis to Yarran is a no brainer - im at a point where i need to be upgrading to definite keepers or downgrading to cash in - Good last game, but far too risky on previous form

enzedder

Quote from: dickitch on July 06, 2012, 10:31:12 AM
Yeh this was my exact thought, but if i do that this week i am left with no money at all which is why i thought maybe cashing in on one of my bench rookies for campbell and then next week doing the ellis > premo mid - and potentially downgrading other ruck to Spencer (or some other bubble dowgrade) - my concern is then running out of trades and time.
I think you have to have to mindful of how many trades you have and need to keep for injuries/ finals.
I have the exact same four rucks and don't want to trade O or Redden out for $ only. Seems a waste of a trade if Cox and Giles keep playing every week.
Perhaps get Rocky/ JPK and save extra 70-80k by missing on Jelwood...let Darley and SShaw cash up over another couple of games and upgrade one of them in a couple of weeks to cheaper defender...plenty around low to mid 400k presently.

dickitch

Thanks enzedder - based on that, do you think i could hold off on my second trade and save it for next week, i will wait to confirm until 6pm tonight but i should be fielding a full team anyway.  Hopefully get a bit more cash off my cows and that extra valuable trade?