ohhhh the temptation

Started by colmullet, July 02, 2012, 03:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mzunguman

Having a quick look theres also Brendan Whitecross whose averaging higher 80's?

Bones Bombers

Quote from: bowyanger on July 02, 2012, 05:43:44 PM
Quote from: ScottieD on July 02, 2012, 05:06:35 PM
Re Bowyanger: You are correct in one way, i.e. for a player who is struggling to make top 8.  I'm not thinking top 8 when i give this advice.  I'm thinking how well you will go in finals (assuming you will make it).  For league finals you ideally want 6 trades for short term injuries and restings.  For overall, if you hang onto 6 trades till rounds 20-23, you will not have a complete team until the very end, whereas you could have completed your team earlier and watched the points roll in.

Unfortunately colmullet, I don't think you'll be able to make this trade with just 5k.  Giles looks likely to drop from 400k to 380k this week.  As for Goodes, if he scores 80, he'll drop another 45k to 418k - thus you're approx 35-40k short, 30k short including your 5k... you will need a 135 from Giles to break even and sub 60 from Goodes to drop to required 405k.

Yes good points.

I suspect those pushing to stay in touch for overall at the moment are burning trades fast...In the last few weeks when GS hits, those still with trades left will make massive ground....even if those at the top try to save trades...others will be still improving and making ground all the time

Theres only approx. 1000 points separating the top 3%....lets say those at the top start banging out 1800s for the last few weeks..whilst those with trades are motoring home with consistant 2300s...1000 points could be made up easily in 3 weeks..especially as there is a great deal of inconsistancy with players scoring it seems this year...some weeks Im in the top 1500 for the week...other weeks Im out to a 10K rating for the week

Therefore I think its a huge advantage of having 6 trades left for finals to go overall...as I said...there is potentially massive ground to make up (as well as winning leagues)

Hence my original query
Interestingly I have climbed back up the rankings a bit the last few weeks but dropped further behind the top team.
After rd12 I was ranked 1450 and roughly 1200 points behind the top team.
After rd13 I was ranked 679 and roughtly 1300 points behind.
And now I am ranked 598 and have dropped another 100 points to be roughly 1400 points behind the number 1 ranked team!
Looking at this I would say it will be very hard to catch the very top teams but a high ranking is still achievable.

ScottieD

Exactly Bones Bombers, well put.  The top teams are up there for a reason at this stage of the season.  They have the best players and will continue to get further and further in front of the rest of us.  Every year this happens to me, I shoot down the rankings into top 1000 and then hit a wall and watch the top teams get further away even though I am not dropping rankings.