Pendlebury ruled out of Dockers clash

Started by ben_020285, June 26, 2012, 02:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben_020285

COLLINGWOOD superstar Scott Pendlebury will miss another week of action with his cracked tibia, with coach Nathan Buckley ruling him out of this weekend's clash with Fremantle.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2012/06/26/pendlebury-ruled-out-of-dockers-clash/

tor01doc

colmullet

oh well.....at least we have cover this week :p

Samm79

Zorko off the pine is not a bad result

enzedder

batt

Quote from: Samm79 on June 26, 2012, 03:00:23 PM
Zorko off the pine is not a bad result
Yup, kinda happy he's not playing so I can figure out if Zorko or Cloke will be F8.

The Bomber

Good I stuck to my guns and traded him, despite the news he was returning the week after...

Now just wait for cows to close that massive 300k gap

Danstar

Hopefully when he does come back they ease him in and he gets vested at half time :D

quinny88

Quote from: Danstar on June 26, 2012, 04:16:48 PM
Hopefully when he does come back they ease him in and he gets vested at half time :D
They play carlton on a friday night after freo so i doubt he will be vested in that one.

I guess that you could hope carazzo does a job on him again though!

FonFatty

This is starting to become a joke with Pendlebury, now he is expected back either rnd 15-16, before you know it the band aid next to his name will say expected return rnd 22.
I wish Collingwood just come out and say that Pendles will not be available until a week or 2 before the finals, that way us Supercoach nerds can offload the $620k that we have sitting on the pine.
Minor fractures in the tibia can rule out an athlete for up to 3 weeks from performing, Pendles is going onto 4 weeks now, could possibly be out for 6 weeks in total. Worried incase his might be a bit worse than minor and upon his return this injury could effect his performance.
I so want to pull the trigger on Pendlebury > Watson.
Also the news footage of Pendles running laps a week ago was apparently filmed before his injury.
Just wish the club put all this innuendo to rest and come out with a return date for Pendles.

McRooster

Peter Moody wouldn't run Black Caviar if she was injured, he would wait until she was ready and so will Buckley  ;)

FonFatty

Quote from: McRooster on June 28, 2012, 01:42:37 AM
Peter Moody wouldn't run Black Caviar if she was injured, he would wait until she was ready and so will Buckley  ;)
I know mate but my point is he was initially meant to be back rnd 14, now it has extended to rnd 15 or 16. Now come next week they will extend it further again. I wish they would just come out and say that his injury is a bit worse than first thought and he will be out until rnd 18 or so, makes our decision a bit easier.
Now IMO I reckon that Pendles is cooked and they are trying everything they can to get him back on the park as quick as possible. If this injury didnt occur he was a certainty to take Charlie home. If he had only a "minor" cracked tibia he would not have missed more than 3 weeks, they would have had him out there doing what he does best and giving him every chance.

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: FonFatty on June 28, 2012, 02:06:18 AM
Quote from: McRooster on June 28, 2012, 01:42:37 AM
I know mate but my point is he was initially meant to be back rnd 14, now it has extended to rnd 15 or 16. Now come next week they will extend it further again. I wish they would just come out and say that his injury is a bit worse than first thought and he will be out until rnd 18 or so, makes our decision a bit easier.
Now IMO I reckon that Pendles is cooked and they are trying everything they can to get him back on the park as quick as possible. If this injury didnt occur he was a certainty to take Charlie home. If he had only a "minor" cracked tibia he would not have missed more than 3 weeks, they would have had him out there doing what he does best and giving him every chance.
It was always going to be a four week injury.
$10 says he'll play Carlton.