Should I trade for Maric or defender?

Started by PizzleDizzle, June 27, 2012, 08:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PizzleDizzle

Hey guys,

I have three scenarios I would like to run past you all and I would like to know what you think about job securities or which option to pick....(have $26,900 in the bank at this stage)

Trade scenario 1:
Trade out one of my starting ruck in Giles (other is cox) for Maric, Trade out JMac for Gibson. Leaves me $89,800.
Then next week can trade out Orren or Redden for Campbell (providing neither play, will have $219,300 or $240,200), trade out Adams (basing on him breaking even = $531,800 or $552,700), sub Smedts to FWD, and smash out a decent defender.
If I do this, I may cop a donut or two as I have Broughton (test, concussion) and Sam Shaw (test, knee...i think unlikely to play) with band aids next to their name, and also Smedts and C.Delaney who were omitted and not expecting them to get a game this week.

OR....

Trade scenario 2:
Basically back to front of scenario 1.... Trade Orren or Redden For Campbell ($156,400 or $177,300), trade out Adams  ($489,800), sub Smedts to FWD, who to choose as a defender?
Only thinking along these lines because of potential double donut.
Next week, Giles to Maric, JMac to who knows, as I have missed the first price rise to Gibson....also Maric might smash hi BE of 90 and Giles will most likely miss his BE 116, which makes this almost a problem

OR....

Trade out  to Gibson, trade out Adams, sub Smedts, and leaves me $570k on a defender....
My worry is I will not have enough to get Maric for Giles as noted in 2. Unless you guys can give me a defender I should get at around the $500k mark where I can put away some cash in case it all goes wrong.

So 1 or 2 or 3?

Also does anyone have info on job securities of Campbell and Gibson, also Delaney or Smedts maybe coming back?...still trying to find injury news on other guys.

Is there another ruckman I should consider? Which defenders should I be looking at? Grima? Anybody else?

I will say to me, 1 looks better, but playing the number one scorer in my league this week, we are even on points at top of ladder and i am slightly better on percentage. I would like to stay above him if possible so donuts may hurt those chances. I know you guys will say "wait for the teams" I need to know the best option regardless though so i am not stressing on Friday....and your input has always been much appreciated.

Cheers Gents and Ladies.

PizzleDizzle

Scenerio 3 is trade out JMac to Gibson

The Bomber

The top ruckmen don't seem to be blasting out scores like they used to. I don't know why everyone is suddenly all iffy on Giles. He scored 56 in a previous round, came back and scored 134 the week after. He is a rookie, you cannot expect 100 every week from him...

Saying that is Giles keeps up his avg of 90. You spend $(100k?) to upgrade him to Maric for the benefit or 15ppg? Whereas you upgrade Clarke to Carrazzo for (100k?) for the benefit of 30 ppg. Just doing simple estimations says that option 3 looks the best. You can still then maybe Nic Nat or someone like that, who really doesn't score that much less than Ivan.

Option 3...

PizzleDizzle

Thanks....so who is a consistent defender? You think I should keep Giles for the rest of the season?

The Bomber

If you have spare trades then upgrade him. He is serviceable as a second ruckman for the year IMO. But if for example you get Carrazzo in this week you have 100k in the bank... Enough dough to upgrade to Cox or Nic Nat or someone like that...

But you should focus more on the backline...

This year in order of importance:
Midfield -> Most points won here
Forward
Defence
Ruck -> Least point, therefore least important...Don't neglect, but if you have to choose to upgrade in defence or ruck, defence wins...

This week:
Jmac-->Gibson
Adams-->Carrazzo

Next week:
Giles-->Nic Nat

leighroids

I think it's worth keeping Giles for pretty much the rest of the season. His been my 2nd ruck all year and i plan on keeping him there until finals earliest. If his scores starts dropping off come finals then I'll swap for a fallen prem.
Alot of ppl I know with him as their 2nd ruck are doing the same. If your after a unique Consistent defender have u thought of Birchall.

PizzleDizzle

I understand your logic, as I already have Cox i would not go nic nat.....
Carrazzo has a break even of 142 and has a tough next two games in attacking teams of Hawthorn and Collingwood. So not sold on him....i have done some research. Price shift not an issue....likely to get him much cheaper next week....

What about Grima? 105 average over 5 games for NM...they have a reasonable run home and he is projected to score over 100 for every game except 1 for the rest of the season? I just know not much about North Melbourne players is all.....for what I thought of 3 of them, they have all let me down.

roo boys!

Grima has been really good and I doubt he will let you down, but given the choice I would go for Carrazzo over Grima as Narni (Grima) gets most of his points from marks from opposition whereas Carrots plays a lot in the midfield, thus more possessions and points.

PizzleDizzle

Cheers guys, still not fully sold on carrazzo...the Giles info has changed my mind at this stage....will look at Birchall and Grima as defenders only because of donuts....any other advice would be very much appreciated.
Once again, cheers guys