What does a 'complete' team mean to you?

Started by tor01doc, June 26, 2012, 12:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tor01doc

I have read this term a bit over the last few days.

Complete = what?

I think 22 keepers on field with one reasonable reserve per line.

BUT are Giles, Eski, Clarke, Dempsey, Hargrave, Zorko, Kreuzer, Giles, Porps etc keepers?

Like to hear some sound well thought out opinions and then see what replies we get.

The Bomber

A complete team is a team that you are happy to go into the finals with. No upgrades left. It generally means you have 22 premium players, one in every position on the field. But this year because of the ridiculous amount of injuries etc, complete teams will have maybe one or two positions that are filled with sub premium players. Eg: Mine will be Zorko and Lake.

ubeaut

For me it means 6 prem defenders plus Lake. With Morris as cover. 6 Prem mids plus a decent floating m/f as cover. 2 prem rucks with Giles as cover. And 6 prem forwards with Zorko. Will have enough trades and cash to upgrade Zorko and an underperforming back if I have to (looking at u Heppell)

I would not be happy if I was stuck with Hargrave,Clarke,Kruezer or Porps unless they were back-up.

bomberboy0618

For me its 7 premium backs, 6 mids, 1 premium ruck and Giles, and 6 premium forwards and Zorko.

disco1992

Fantasy football philosophers have mused for years about the 'complete team.' However, most theories lead to the the conclusion that the 'complete team' is a Fantasy football myth, something that cannot truly be achieved. Some contemporary theorists have challenged traditional ideas with the view that appropriate selection of substitutes can avoid the interruption of injuries and suspension, saying that a complete team is not the 22 premium scorers, but a team of 30 above average scorers. But can one truly say that a player who they anticipate to get injured or be suspended is actually a player worthy of 'complete team' status? Whatever the case may be, it is well established by all dream team philosophers that Raph Clarke does not fit into any dream team theory.

tor01doc

Quote from: disco1992 on June 26, 2012, 02:01:34 PM
Fantasy football philosophers have mused for years about the 'complete team.' However, most theories lead to the the conclusion that the 'complete team' is a Fantasy football myth, something that cannot truly be achieved. Some contemporary theorists have challenged traditional ideas with the view that appropriate selection of substitutes can avoid the interruption of injuries and suspension, saying that a complete team is not the 22 premium scorers, but a team of 30 above average scorers. But can one truly say that a player who they anticipate to get injured or be suspended is actually a player worthy of 'complete team' status? Whatever the case may be, it is well established by all dream team philosophers that Raph Clarke does not fit into any dream team theory.

This thesis leads by the length of the straight.

Going for a PhD?

disco1992

Quote from: tor01doc on June 26, 2012, 02:04:03 PM
This thesis leads by the length of the straight.

Going for a PhD?
Yes, however this semester has been difficult having to overload with DT2012(intro to carnage) with the final exam(MBR) making me tear my hair out! haha

TMurphBROWNLOW

what do you mean?? he's leading in total points and in strong contention for the brownlow medal?  ??? ??? ???

::)

The Bomber

Quote from: TMurphBROWNLOW on June 26, 2012, 02:26:16 PM

what do you mean?? he's leading in total points and in strong contention for the brownlow medal?  ??? ??? ???

If this is the case then the Mayan's were right. We are screwed 2012 :p

kilbluff1985

i consider my team complete as follows

DED - Deledio, Goddard, Waters, Suckling, Heppell, Dempsey, Adcock (Darley, Smedts)

MID - Ablett, Pendles, Watson, Boyd, Thompson, Priddis (Adams, Williams)

RUCKS - Cox, Giles (Stephenson, Redden)

FWDS - Franklin, Sidebottom, Robinson, Dangerfield, Harvey. Martin, J.Roo (Elliot, Sexton)

only 2 trades left  =( with 182k in the bank pretty screwed really currently ranked 510th overall just preying for no LTI before the finals which is not that far away really if i somehow have both trades by then will upgrade Giles but have been thinking about upgrading Adams so i can have a F8/M7 but think that's stupid really with only 2 trades left, very happy with my team really besides Giles but yeah will see how i go with injuries first only my second year playing any fantasy competition will be very happy with a top 1K spot but will depend on injuries from here on traded hard early traded out injured players and getting the best rookies so i could have a complete team by now personally i think the earlier it can be done the better guess that's obvious, also worth noting i'm in 5 leagues am 1st in 4 of them and 2nd in the other

thewizz

+1. Complete and utter myth.

It ends up being a team with 22 well scoring players on a weekly basis - something I continue to struggle with.

T Dog

The chances of me having 30 above average scorers in extremely unlikely, so my completed team will have 22 first picked and a possible 1 reserve who will at least be playing in each group... :o