Is in the 200's close enough... keep trading or go for league?

Started by Insider out, June 25, 2012, 02:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insider out

Hi Boys & Girls

After a good relatively unique starting team, piss poor early trading(ziebell I am looking at you), good mid season trading and some luck am now sitting in the 200's and about 1000 points of the lead.

I am a newby to Supercoach and would love an opinion. Is it too far back to make up those points so hold the trades (6 left) for finals.... or keep the momentum going and trade if required going for glory.

Team is complete so dont need to trade this week..touch wood.. any trades would be from a premium to a super premiuim...
for example could downgrade Giles (R3) and use the cash to upgrade Priddis/Cross or downgrade Darling (F8)

fever

jfitty

Great job on the season! If you post up your team we can have a look at it and make some recommendations. Giles > Campbell could be a good one, make a small upgrade somewhere else and hopefully have cash left over for finals

Ringo

I would be concentrating on Leagues at the moment.  For overal and with 11 games remaining you would have to gain 100 points per week on leaders teams and that may be difficult to maintain.
Good effort though on ranking for first year and you should be satisfied with that.
Post your team in Rate my Team sections and there may be some suggestions for you to improve as well.
With the  overall rating I assume you are very well placed in Leagues.

Insider out

Team is:

Delidio, Waters, H.Shaw, Broughton, Birchall, Adcock, Burgoyne: Darley & S.Shaw

Watson, Ablett, Thompson, Sloane, Priddis, Cross: Sexton, Couch

Roughhead, Giriffin: Giles, Redden

Franklin, Sidey, Danger, Chapman, Cloke, Martin, Zorko: Darling,Patterson

*I am surprised I am so high as on paper doesn't look an a grade team. The ruck link has worked well with Roughie moving forward and giles onto the ground as required. Couch and Zorko link has also worked well for me but at this stage I think Zorks starts over darling.

Insider out

Quote from: Ringo on June 25, 2012, 02:59:06 PM
I would be concentrating on Leagues at the moment.  For overal and with 11 games remaining you would have to gain 100 points per week on leaders teams and that may be difficult to maintain.
Good effort though on ranking for first year and you should be satisfied with that.
Post your team in Rate my Team sections and there may be some suggestions for you to improve as well.
With the  overall rating I assume you are very well placed in Leagues.

Cheers will post over there... Leagues all good in the top couple on all. So am thinking hold all trades until finals now without a realistic chance of going much higher...

Normally spend all my time on DT - this is the first year for SC

Ringo

Depending on your cash situation the only trade I would contemplate would be Giles to a prem Ruck.  Not necessary this week though.  Will give you a chance to see if he has thit the wall or last week was just slowness coning back from injury. If hitting the wall then trade before he falls too far as it is a large amount of cash to be sitting on the pine.
You have an interesting unique team well done.