Can the Darley/Ellis/SShaw combo hold down a D7?

Started by Jay, June 25, 2012, 12:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Hi guys, quick question...Do you think a good SC team can get away with playing one of Darley, S.Shaw and Ellis each week as D7?

Would like to know whether another upgrade is necessary

kilbluff1985

no i don't think they can will be losing to many points would like to know your other 6 def

The Bomber

Depends on your other defenders and what you deem a "good SC team" to average per week...

Given this years injuries etc etc you may get away with something like that is a 20k finish is deemed "Good"

Spinking

I wouldn't think so. Might occasionally get a good score, but they are all sub risks, which could be a game breaker for you. Have you got the coin to get to a cheap premo?

enzedder

Think it could if the rest of your team is okay. If you are just going for league then for sure because it may be a lottery with players rested. Those 3 shouldn't be rested so who knows they could be a blessing. Then again after Shaw's doughnut first half who knows if he did enough to hold his spot :o.
I was thinking a Darley/Shaw/Spurr combo was going to have to be my rotational D7 with limited trades left but with Goodes underperforming on the weekend he may finish my team on the cheap and instead of doing Dempsey> Carazzo I may get away with SShaw> Carrazzo and have Lake at D7. Hope S Shaw plays this weekend for extra coin...was named on extended bench this week and a doughnut first half (DT I think). Doesn't inspire much confidence.

Nyn

I would say no, With the likes of Fisher and Carrots going to bottom out you should offload one of those. Fisher will be my F7

Jay

Thanks guys my backs atm are:

Goddard deledio broughton shaw MJohnson scotland shaw, ellis, darley

I have 343.6k but am upgrading shiel > swan this week which will leave me with only 100k

Also im worried I only have 6 trades left and a mid upgrade & a ruck upgrade need to be done...also another back upgrade if necessary

Im only going for league, in which I am top, by '%'

When I say good SC team, I mean one good enough to win my league (the highest averaging team, including byes, is approz 2050)