Main Menu

I Hate Channel 7

Started by upthemaidens, June 23, 2012, 12:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinking

Does anyone watch AFL on the Telstra streaming  channel through bigpond?  I thought it would be rubbish, but a mate has told me it's pretty good, and worth the cost.

pyronerd

I think the problem is, is that it is written into the contract which games are telecast on free-to-air and which games aren't, totally piss weak of the AFL though, putting telecast rights ahead of the supporters, they obviously don't realise that without supporters, the would be NO money whatsoever, another idiotic move by flowering idiots that aren't capable of running a tipping comp, let alone Australia's biggest sporting league ::)

Capper

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 23, 2012, 02:30:32 PM
Quote from: Ringo on June 23, 2012, 12:49:55 PM
I can not really complain because of after many years of only seeing Lions game live (not that I complain about that) we are now seeing a minimum of 4 games live in Qld on 7 mate each weekend.  Fair enough 2 are lions and Suns games but getting an additional 2 is gold this year. A lot better than the Friday delayed at midnight,

Had Sydney Geelong last night; today Brisbane Western Bulldogs; Freemantle Essendon; tomorrow Melbourne GWS,
and for the record do not have fox on principle of paying for what should be free.

By looking at some of the posts it appears as though 7 mate is not being used in other states like it is in Qld.  All our AFL is on 7 mate nothing on 7 itself.
Same in Sydney regarding the 4 live games thing, except we obviously get the Sydney and GWS games over Lions and Suns.

Although they aren't showing any game until tonight here either. I'm guessing it's just because it's a bye round and so there are less games being played so less that 7 are allowed to show. This week we are getting/got Sydney vs Geelong, Freo vs Essendon and Melbourne vs GWS.

I'm also not complaining about the coverage. It's great :D
agree, , its great now having a Friday night game at a reasonable time. I now watch AFL instead of the NRL game on. Only 3 games this week and last week (none last Sunday). Only thing i dont like about 7 is the lack of replays and the cutting away to ads at the every 5 minutes (doesnt matter what part of the game)

Luigi197

I honestly don't understand Channel 7 anymore.
They should do some sort of viewer's vote thing?

Capper

it would also help if the Bristle could learn all the players names as well

Luigi197

Quote from: tabs on June 25, 2012, 01:15:09 PM
it would also help if the Bristle could learn all the players names as well

Yeah; at one stage the commentators would call people really crappy nicknames just by referring to the hair or something, and try to make it look as if they know their name, just decide to call them a nickname...