Could my mum win $1000

Started by rubatron, June 08, 2012, 04:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubatron

Unfortunately poor mum has had terrible luck this year and has had to burn sideways trades for Shaw, Lewis, Goodes, Fyfe & Mumford - and even with 3 trades this week is stuck with Fisher on the bench.

That said, she has no donuts for this week.

Team
Backs: Goddard, Clarke, Birchall, Suckling, Broughton, Ellis, Morris
Mids: Ablett, Swan, Daisy, Mitchell, Watson, Magner
Rucks: Ryder, Sandilands
Fwds: Pavlich, Buddy, Sidebottom, Cloke, ROK, Robinson, Dustin

If my tactically minded Ma had a good run with injuries id be more confident for her - Morris, Ellis, Magner far from ideal.

What do you think you will need to win Round 11???
Anyone out there better primed than dear old mum??

rubatron

No replies from 80 people - hopefully that means shes got you covered!!

Only 361,230 to go!!

jaffa35

Sorry - I've seen plenty of teams this week without donuts - and strong in every area - I suspect something over 2400 will be a minimum.

sweathog73

I agree with jaffa. One mate of mine specifically avoided players in this round so as to try and win weekly prize. I'm sure he's not the only one with that idea.

rubatron

Hopefully my girlfriend and dad have better luck over the next 2 weeks  ;)

Blues17

Quote from: sweathog73 on June 08, 2012, 05:31:20 PM
I agree with jaffa. One mate of mine specifically avoided players in this round so as to try and win weekly prize. I'm sure he's not the only one with that idea.

Smart as this round will be everyones weakest with people reluctant to trade. Ive heard of up to 9-10 donuts on field. Still its all about captain selection.

Slashers

In previous years I heard of people making new teams just prior to weak periods like this. Was this possible this year? If so, it will definitely come from them.
I planned my whole team from day 1 to be donutless through round 11 & 12 (with some luck, with 3 trades between).
And I only have one team.

@ rubatron, what wrong with your own team rather than going on about your mum, dad and girlfriends!! Or are you trying to give as a hint?

roo boys!

Slashers, it's the typical "mum's team" or "girlfriend's team" or "I'm looking after a mate's team", all mean they have registered with multiple teams :P

Slashers

Quote from: roo boys! on June 11, 2012, 11:48:19 AM
Slashers, it's the typical "mum's team" or "girlfriend's team" or "I'm looking after a mate's team", all mean they have registered with multiple teams :P
Roo, can I get a cheer man? All I seem to be getting lately is booed! :(
Must be the mood everyone is in...

roo boys!

Cheer given :)

I'm sure that there would be plenty of boos handed out this weekend with angry coaches venting on FF!

Slashers

Btw, there were 22 teams in the weeks top 50 that were ranked 0 last round, therefor they were new teams just for round 11. Obvious too, looking at their teams, their benches are all worth $94,700 !!