Popular Teams in DT this year

Started by SpeedMeades, January 22, 2009, 01:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedMeades

Which team this year will be most popular for selections in your DT at the a) start of the season and b) end of the season

for me,
START: Essendon - they've got some good rookies and middle-aged players that are cheap that will provide excellent value. They don't offer any good value at the premiums end of the scale though. But guys like Lucas, Davey, Myers, Houli and Welsh all look like they can improve significantly on their scores last year. Rookies (price wise) like Hurley, Skipworth, Gumbleton and Zaharakis to a lesser degree look like getting quite a few games into them this year.

END: Geelong - In my mind, Geelong wont change from last year even though they got smashed in the GF, they will still play the high possession, fast paced style of game that gives guys like Bartel, Ablett, Corey, Mackie, Selwood, Enright, Stevie J, Chappy massive scores that we all love to see in DT.

Let us know what teams you think present good value at the start of the year and those that you will be chasing down come August (rnd 22)

Heater

I agree with your comments.  For me Lucas is a very good price and is in my team.

I think Adelaide, Port & Freo offer some good players.  Pav, S.Thompson, Cornes will be popular but look out for Davenport, Ballantyne, Walker as good cash cows.  I expect Van berlo to improve again this year too.

SpeedMeades

On the other side of the coin, I don't like many Brisbane players. Apart from Rich, I can't see much else that sticks out like a sore thumb. A few are betting Adcock will improve over a dismal 08 but as a centre, there's just so much other (and better) choices for mid-priced potential keepers.

Browny will no doubt be in the team around round 22 if he's performing well and doesnt get injured. But apart from those, I don't see much value really. Would bet on Dalziell keeps up his massive 08 pace but too expensive to take the risk for a guy in his second year

Heater

Bradshaw is consistent averaging 91 in SC but other than Rich & Adcock they are the only ones from Brisbane in my teams.

dtrain

from the grave, oldest post on fanfooty

betch ya

Jukes

Stop necromancing; 1 time every so often by a user is ok, but not two in a day -_-