Main Menu

Bomber's new jumper

Started by roo boys!, July 02, 2012, 09:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monstrum

deadset boys!! no offence but ur strip shouldn't be a concern!?.. worried about holding up tradition?... how bout playing for it!?..

peasants!!!

PowerBug

Can you guys wear that next week too?? ;)

Spinking

Just my opinion, but I think that every team having a regular strip and a clash strip is only fair... However I thought Essendon looked very ordinary, and still seemed to clash somewhat. I'm wondering whether a straight swap from black with red sash to red with black sash would look too extreme...

Justin Bieber

I have a feeling it didn't help.

PowerBug

Quote from: Spinking on July 08, 2012, 11:46:46 PM
Just my opinion, but I think that every team having a regular strip and a clash strip is only fair... However I thought Essendon looked very ordinary, and still seemed to clash somewhat. I'm wondering whether a straight swap from black with red sash to red with black sash would look too extreme...
And red shorts. WHat is wrong with that?? I think that would be cool.

On a side note, when did the Saints stop wearing yellow. I know it's been a few year now but anyone knwo when it was exactly??

TheHanger

Quote from: Spinking on July 08, 2012, 11:46:46 PM

nah that would look shocking, way too bright.

actually though it would not even meet AFL standards. They had to change from wide red sash because both red and black are considered "dark" colours and for it to be a clash jumper it needed a "light" colour, hence the grey.

in reality though the clash jumpers are used for one reason, TV. it is so it is easier for viewers. how long did teams with similar jumpers play each other without clash strips, i.e. north melbourne and collingwood. all the players need is different colour shorts and they will be fine. maybe because the game has sped up so much it is harder for the players, but it can be a way of slowing the game down.