Main Menu

Dockers boss hits back

Started by valkorum, May 30, 2012, 11:36:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/13813752/dockers-boss-hits-back/

QuoteFremantle chief executive Steve Rosich has hit back at criticism of the team's game plan, saying the Dockers' TV ratings have almost doubled since they appointed coach Ross Lyon and finals are still on the radar.

I particularly like this quote

QuoteRosich said the Dockers were being singled out because of poor efforts in their past two games while other low-scoring games were spared the same scrutiny.

"We see games across the competition that can end up in that environment, as they did with West Coast and Hawthorn a few weeks back and Adelaide and Collingwood on the weekend," Rosich said.

Shaggy

Scored more than 36 point though buddy.

valkorum

That is true Shaggy - but the point is still the same. 

Capper

So in other words who cares as long as they play WC every week and get good TV ratings???

Shaggy

No, the point is rather dull. Low scoring games the others were, correct. But it was for both teams. It wasn't a case of one team scoring only 36 points and being flogged by 50.

So when he made this point, not only should he have thought "Why are they targeting this performance and not the others?" and followed it up by "Is my information even correct at all?".

valkorum

The eagles v hawks was a low scoring game by both teams (5.16, 5.21)

Shaggy

Quote from: valkorum on May 30, 2012, 01:35:05 PM
The eagles v hawks was a low scoring game by both teams (5.16, 5.21)

That's my point. it was a tightly contested game by both sides. The weekends game was not. You lost by 48 points so it is completely incomparable.

valkorum

It was for half a game shaggy - then for whatever reason, Freo didnt turn up in the second half.

Shaggy

But we don't rate games of football for 2 quarters work otherwise Melbourne would be a just outside the 8.

Ziplock

it was pretty much just the 3rd quarter the eagles blew it out and freo just couldnt recover.

valkorum

Quote from: Shaggy on May 30, 2012, 02:32:41 PM
But we don't rate games of football for 2 quarters work otherwise Melbourne would be a just outside the 8.

But the media is rating Freo's last 2 games and not all 9 that have been played.  We are 5-4 and percentage out of the 8.  At round 7 we were 5-2 at 114%

Shaggy

When Hawthorn vs West Coast occured, both at near the top of the ladder and it was an amazingly hard fought game. Adelaide vs Collingwood is basically the same.

Freo isn't, and should have been after the start they had. But the performance they put in wasn't the performance of a top 8 team either week and this recent one is a disgrace.

Cruiseon

Having always enjoyed watching Freo's free running and general intensity I personally have found myself either drifting off or tuning out from watching them play. The local TV ratings might be ok but on the East Coast (where the Natinal ratings will be made or lost) I guarantee their numbers will continue to falll.

Of course it's not all about playing attractive football, but we've seen it before in the past and I for one would rather watch Geelong, Richmond , Collingwood, Essendon and now Adelaide if the intensity is high. Even St.Kilda are becoming interesting to watch for the neutral.

The last few years Adelaide were almost unwatchable playing vanilla & uninspiring football. All credit to Sanderson for changing that & getting some early success.