Potato Gems

Started by Lecras2, May 16, 2012, 10:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecras2

Sorry about the title, just remembered how good they are today.

Cash 471 000

Back: Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Hargrave, Waters, Bugg, ellis (Smedts, morris)
Mids: Swan, Pendles, J.Selwood, Boyd, Horsley, Coniglio (shiel, Mac)
Ruck: Sandilands, Giles (O, Redden)
Forw: Franklin, Beams, Sidebottom, Martin, Smith, Adams, Kennedy (milera, Hall)

What upgrade/s this week. Just curious as to what you guys would do.

nickstiges

Considered Shiel > Ablett or Kennedy > Robinson?
Both would be reasonable options.

weee

You could Potentially Upgrade both Kennedy and Ellis if you wanted, or Ellis and a MidFielder like Shiel.

Enantiomer

Potato gems are awesome! Haven't had them in a while though.

Back to the topic now. I agree with the posts above. Ellis, Kennedy and Shiel are players who have maxed out (or very close to maxing out). Personally, I would trade Kennedy and Ellis. Taking into account the byes of the players you have, I would probably do the following:

Kennedy >> Dangerfield
Ellis >> Michael Johnson (there's plenty of value in Johnson. the other options I would consider are heppell and broughton)

Doyle

Just throw in a premium (Ablett, Stanton, etc.) in the midfield or add to your forward line which is looking a bit thin (Robbo, maybe even WhiteX)

97crows98

I have a very similar backline with 3 Tigers as well. I am bringing Heppell in for Ellis.

Zombie2.5

Quote from: Enantiomer on May 16, 2012, 10:27:02 PM
Potato gems are awesome! Haven't had them in a while though.

Back to the topic now. I agree with the posts above. Ellis, Kennedy and Shiel are players who have maxed out (or very close to maxing out). Personally, I would trade Kennedy and Ellis. Taking into account the byes of the players you have, I would probably do the following:

Kennedy >> Dangerfield
Ellis >> Michael Johnson (there's plenty of value in Johnson. the other options I would consider are heppell and broughton)
Not the best options......
That's upgrading two rooks to two mid pricers.....
Using 380k.....

You'd rather do something like...
Ellis to Heppell
and
Kennedy to Pav/Zaha

or

Kennedy to Chapman/Johnson/Robbo
and
Suckling/Broughton/Shaw
Prices are approx, so you might just miss out on these combos, try mixing and matching.

Lecras2

The forward line is thin coz i went goodes to adams last week. Currently have done Milera to robbo, Ellis to Shaw. Thoughts? Btw had to upgrade milera instead of kennedy to be able to do these trades... is that ok.

Slap

Why are people saying get ablett etc.. When their BE is like 190odd.  He will fall in price next week and perhaps even the week after, could be a good pick up then, but be wise how you spend your trades (and your dollars).  Both are finite and run out quickly if you are not careful.

Jalapeno

I would  trade hall or milera upto Robbo or Chappy man

stew42

Quote from: Slap on May 16, 2012, 11:57:23 PM
Why are people saying get ablett etc.. When their BE is like 190odd.  He will fall in price next week and perhaps even the week after, could be a good pick up then, but be wise how you spend your trades (and your dollars).  Both are finite and run out quickly if you are not careful.
Shut up man    :-X

underdog11

Ellis is a must go, also you only have one back rd 12 so ellis has to go to either heppel or shaw
Kennedy is also a sticky one i wouldnt want to field you could upgrade him to zaha or if you wanted someone else get zorko for milera this week and then wait till next week

Ellis->Shaw
Kennedy->Zaha

Next week:
Milera->Zorko

then you will have 175g odd and maybe j-mac when maxed out too an underpriced mid.