Can anyone explain what this means ?

Started by Shrews, May 12, 2012, 03:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrews

Just looking at the scores and stats link for the Melbourne v Hawthorn game and Matt Sucklings score

Next to his name there's a bin icon and if you hover over it says

"Responsible for Howe...29 possessions and 13 marks...plenty of garbabe stats in 2nd half junk time"

What does the bit i've bolded out mean ? 

1. Garbage stats
2. 2nd half junk time

At a guess it means both teams weren't playing 100% and therefore he got more possessions than he normally would but I could be miles off !  Can anyone offer a more educated explanation please !

kilbluff1985

"Garbage (garbage bin). Had a pretty quiet game to start, but saved his day with "garbage time" stats when the pressure eased."

there is an explanation of all the icons under the stats section

tbagrocks

Hawks were so far in fron that the game became padestrian! started chipping it around and Suckling got a heap of the ball after Melbourne stopped trying and it became easy for Hawthorn to move the ball around hence: 13 marks

Shrews

Cheers both, I think that clears it up !  I did look for the garbage bin amongst the icons but couldn't find it.  To be fair if I wasn't half blind and a complete dumbass I might've had half a chance of spotting it.   ;D

FlipFlops

Quote from: Shrews on May 12, 2012, 04:03:47 AM
Cheers both, I think that clears it up !  I did look for the garbage bin amongst the icons but couldn't find it.  To be fair if I wasn't half blind and a complete dumbass I might've had half a chance of spotting it.   ;D

LOL at least ur honest

The_Captain

Quote from: Shrews on May 12, 2012, 04:03:47 AM
haha legend!