how to get a 2,3,3 by bye week?

Started by Jormas, May 09, 2012, 02:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jormas

I currently have a 3,2,3 in my mids.

rd11 = Boyd (keep), J Mac (Keep) and Greene (upgrade/downgrade)
rd12 = Pendles (keep) and Magner (upgrade/downgrade)
rd13 = Ablett (keep) Hayes (keep) and Horlsey (maybe trade in 4-5 weeks (before rd13 bye))

I'm thinking going into either a 2,3,3 or a 2,2,4 in bye week.

Upgrading maybe Greene to Mitchell/Murphy or downgrading to ??? in 3 weeks could be the go.

Heading into bye week, i dont have to trade 1st round in my mids, and i trade 2nd round the Horse to Zorko (hoepfully) and then either cop a donut or trade Murphy/Hayes to Swan/Stanton/Watson.

This will only burn 2 trades and is much easier to achieve at the moment.

Currently i am rocking a 3,3,3 in the backs and a 4,2,3 in the forwards.

In those 2 i want to be going in at a 2,3,4 or just cop a donut rd11 and save a trade?

What are your opinions on my strategy?

Lions01

First thing if you upgrade Greene to Murphy or Mitchell you'll have 3 round 13 keepers, id be more inclined to try and get Swan ( he wont be as cheap as Murphy of Mitchell  in a few weeks, but the few extra thousand could be worth it, its swanny) maybe a Jobe for a cheaper alternative

I know that basically were going to be copping 2 donuts unless people are going to do the dual position Ruck theory, but I'm not a big fan of planning to have certain donuts in certain positions on certain rounds especially with premiums.

2,3,4 is the perfect strategy, but its very unlikely that you still wont cop 5+ donuts through out the byes.

Theres are a lot of theories out there and everyone has got an opinion, either way were all going to need a lot luck, it will definitely shape the overall rankings this year

Mozza84

I have a few trades to make before the bye rounds, and have predicted my team to be:

Backs: 3,3,3 (1 donut each round)
Mids: 3,3,2 (1 donut in round 11 & 12)
Rucks: 1,2,1 (No donuts)
Fwds: 3,3,3 (1 donut in each round.

Fingers crossed I can free up some cash to make the trades needed for the above.

Lions01

Quote from: Mozza84 on May 09, 2012, 03:35:33 PM
I have a few trades to make before the bye rounds, and have predicted my team to be:

Backs: 3,3,3 (1 donut each round)
Mids: 3,3,2 (1 donut in round 11 & 12)
Rucks: 1,2,1 (No donuts)
Fwds: 3,3,3 (1 donut in each round.

Fingers crossed I can free up some cash to make the trades needed for the above.

Confident with your Rucks who have you got or going to get???
Coaches will need to be planning for byes from now on when trading

Mozza84

I have Sandilands, Giles, Redden, Stephensen.
I am hoping Sandi comes back from injury and continues his good form from the start of the season.
Looking to upgrade Redden to Maric (or some other Round 13 ruck) in the next few weeks.

Round 11: Sandi & Maric
Round 12: Giles & Maric
Round 13: Sandi & Giles

Fingers crossed Sandi stays fit on his return (hopefully this week, cause I have copped 2 x donuts the last 2 weeks)