Tom Hawkins - Pretender or Contender?

Started by Shanus_, April 30, 2012, 09:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanus_

Howdy! First time poster.. Long time reader..

I registered because I have this question on my mind, so I thought I would seek advice from others!

Everyone is talking about bargains forwards this week, but no one has mentioned Tomahawk?

He is 365k, he is in the top 10 with the highest average so far this year, of even 90.

With the rookies not making us much money this year as to previous years, with the low scores whether it is by form or the sub rule, I think this year, more so then others is so crucial on getting the right players in, at the right time - value wise.

What do you think his average will be for the rest of the year?

I would almost accept 80-85+ as the 7th forward, with a great price. Face it this year the forwards have been really poor, so I don't see many peoples 7th forward (come the end of the year) averaging more then 90+.

Whats everyones thought?

On a side note, Scotty Thompson at 487k this week almost looks like a steal!?

unceramonius

Ha, my man hawkins lol.   

I still wouldnt do it though. May get the odd 90 ish game if he kicks a bag, but could net you 50 as well.  Besides isnt danger around the same price, if its the price thing?

Shanus_

I already have Dangers.

Hmm yeah I'm concerned about the 50 bombs :(

Thanks!

hardnut

Apparently a comparison of T-Hawk and J.Brown after 30 games has Hawkins in front. His is a gun and had you been pre-eminent enough to start with him you'd be stocked but I wouldn't upgrade to him. Keep firmly focussed on the super-guns for upgrades.

Tommo is a total steal if he suits your byes (no Boyd/Rockliff)