Help my DT

Started by mcbain, April 25, 2012, 12:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcbain

First time doing a DT and i've got a few issues...
Last week traded in Ablett as being an idiot i didn't bring him in at the start.  We all know what happened last round.

Here's my team:

Backs: B. Goddard, B. Delidio, G. Birchall, R. Hargrave, M. Clarke, T. Bugg, B. Ellis (T. Mohr & L. Brown)

Mids: G. Ablett, M. Murphy, M. Boyd, S. Mitchell, S. Pendlebury & J Magner (D. Shiel & S. Gibson)

Rucks: D. Cox, J. Giles (J. Redden & O. Stephenson)

Fwds: S. Sidebottom, L. Franklin, S.Johnson, D. Martin, D Smith, A. Kennedy, J. Porplyzia (A. Hall & Z. Skinner)

+67k

I think i might come a little unstuck when the byes come up....

Anyway, my main question is should i get rid of Gibson and Skinner - for Treloar and McDonald.....  Also what options do i have with L.Brown?  I think i've got most decent rookie defs...
I lost the DPP (mid/fwd) function when i bought Ablett in... So i could get that back with Treloar for Gibson... However to get Jmac i will have to trade Treloar in for Skinner and Jmac for Gibson... Then deal with L.Brown in the next week or two when a few cows fatten.

I'm happy to bench Ablett for 2-3 weeks max - I'm hoping he's out for just one game.

Any thoughts or ideas on strategy to improve this team would be much appreciated...

remon tea

Definitely go with the Gibson - McDonald trade. Based on form, it's a pretty obvious decision.

Personally i'd also do the Skinner - Treloar trade. It's a justified trade and he's contributed pretty solidly over the last few weeks.

And starting Dylan Shiel isn't all that bad, he's a moderate scorer who might just decide to put on a show this week :) and I'm quite sure the byes will stuff up everyone :p

2 large cokes

get in old mac 100%. treloar is still 50/50 whether its worth a sideways trade for me. I think it would better spent going Kennedy to treloar. that way your making some money this week.

also gettin McDonald in will allow you to leave shiel on te pine and play a more consistent magner and macdonald as m5 and 6

mcbain

Thanks for the replies...  ;)

Windigo

I agree, J-mac is a priority.

Personally, I'd only downgrade a rookie that has gone up in price for Treloar, that way, your at least getting some $$$.

mcbain

I've gone Gibson-Jmac and AK-Treloar.... Burning trades but the team is taking shape...

Now the dilema is whether to keep Pendles VC score of 113 or gamble on Boyd/Murphy etc...

My league opp has Pendlebury for Capt so i could cancel that out and then just battle it out with the rest of the uniques...

Thunderstruck

Quote from: mcbain on April 25, 2012, 07:31:22 PM
I've gone Gibson-Jmac and AK-Treloar.... Burning trades but the team is taking shape...

Now the dilema is whether to keep Pendles VC score of 113 or gamble on Boyd/Murphy etc...

My league opp has Pendlebury for Capt so i could cancel that out and then just battle it out with the rest of the uniques...

I haven't kept pendles vc score as its below par for me and I believe Boyd will outscore it since he is playing against GWS.... Good Luck  ;)

2 large cokes

Quote from: mcbain on April 25, 2012, 07:31:22 PM

depends if your uniques are gonna beat his.. if u think uv got him covered then leave pendles. if u think ur gonna struggle a bit then go Boyd for hopefully the extra 30 points

mcbain

Current Scores
(With 3 players + VC) 267 V 302 (with 2 players + capt)

With VC as Capt 380 V 302 - so he would need 78+ from Kreuzer (or a 3rd player*)

Then 11 unique players Projected:

1032 V 861 - should see me over the line whether I gamble or play safe with capt.

or - by halving McDonalds 101 to 50 (I expect he'll get between 60-80 - is that reasonable?)

972 V 861

Captain Issues
Settle for Pendlebury (will cancel out his capt) - or gamble - I'm tempted with Boyd

Rookie Issues
Who to play?

DEF - Ellis may have to come in for Birchall.  Ellis/Mohr/
MID - Shiel or McDonald in mids for ablett?  I'm going for McDonald atm.
FWD - Hall or Treloar - Treloar atm

My Team   Projected
Clarke   45
Sidebottom   109
Pendlebury (vc)   113
Murphy   117
Boyd   125
Giles   87
Mohr   53
Hall   56
Johnson   90
Mitchell   94
Birchall   97
Deledio   123
Cox   89
McDonald (Ablett)   101

Emergency's   
Ellis   61
McDonald   101
Treloar   76

Opposition   Avg
Cloke   76
Pendlebury  ©   226
Kreuzer   60
Fyfe   82
Duffield   70
Shiel   59
McIntosh   86
M Clark   55
Hayes   102
Polec   62
Suckling   89
Goodes   106
Ellis   61
Waters   89

Emergency's   
Morris   55
Giles   87
Hall   56

Goodes & Fyfe will have to have big scores for him - is possible though - Goodes has got a milestone game and Fyfe will want to prove he's fit and stamp his mark on the game against Carlton. 

Him or Me? I think i should get home with this one.  We've both won our first two matches.

2 large cokes

from looking at that you should be home easy! should! all u need though is to put the c on Boyd and he gets knocked out in the first and scores 10. most likely won't happen but I don't see the point in taking the risk when uv got 113 on the board and should win quiet comfortably.

mcbain

Thought I'd report just how bad my DT round 5 was.... I got smashed by my opp by 127 points.... I had a grand total of 1675 - WTF... 3 doughnuts!

My projected minimum score was like 1775 and avg projected was 2150ish...

that's with a 5 prem mids

Birchall/Hargraves/Porp are in trouble this week...

Thinking Birchall to Heppel and Ellis to Waters as upgrades/sideways...

What is going on with Birchall, any info?