Which premium to get

Started by Memphistopheles, April 29, 2012, 11:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which premium should I trade in this week?

Pendlebury
4 (13.8%)
Scotland
3 (10.3%)
D Martin
3 (10.3%)
M Murphy
15 (51.7%)
Beams
1 (3.4%)
Robinson
3 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Memphistopheles

Listed above are some of the players I would like to get in my team in the coming weeks.

However, this week I can only get one of these players.

Who do you think it should be and why?

Windigo

Definitely one of the Collingwood boys.

Beams could be a good unique pick going FWD for you.

Holz

if you can bring in a big gun do it murphy or pendles would depend on your midfield strucutre on who is the best pickup.

Capper

i would have to go with Murphy as the blues have GWS, Saints, Crows, Dees, POrt in next 5 games.....if murph play against GWS..

Windigo

Quote from: tabs on April 29, 2012, 11:35:53 PM
i would have to go with Murphy as the blues have GWS, Saints, Crows, Dees, POrt in next 5 games.....if murph play against GWS..

:o

Go Murphy.  8)

purplemonkey

alot depends on your structure and your trades
but i suggest you bring in pendles he is as cheap as he is going to be for a while now, you would think!
and murphy BE of 132 you would give him a strong chance to make against GWS.
But based on pendles price right now get him while he is "cheap".
and try bring in murphy later in the year after the byes maybe as he will play geelong,hawthorn,West coast and collingwood all in a row.

dicey7

im in the same situation Murphy or Pendles? hmmmm atm Murphs is alot more unique in 17% teams as apposed to pendles 32% but as you say pendles is prob the cheapest he will be all season

powersuperkents

Quote from: Windigo on April 29, 2012, 11:31:01 PM
Definitely one of the Collingwood boys.

Beams could be a good unique pick going FWD for you.
+1
only a small percent of dreamteamers have Beams in their teams

essendon2

I'd go Beams,

but Murphy for 2nd pref.

Slap

All great additions to a team.  play the market and pick the player who you think is underpriced or bottomed out.

Memphistopheles

Thanks for the input.

Here are my thoughts on them all.

Pendlebury is the cheapest he will be all season IMO. With the low score coming out of the equation he will only go up from here. However, he may stay around his current price if he only scores 100 next game.

I really like Murphy and as mentioned he is reasonably unique. However, he is the most expensive and his BE is quite high which he could make against GWS. He is a gun no doubt about it. The reason I didn't look at getting him this week was because of Carrots injury. I wanted to see how he'd go without his best blocker around and he showed that he is a star.

Scotland is clearly going to be in the best 7 defenders this season and will find his way into my team at some point, it's just a matter of when. Also there aren't many other good defenders to get (Heppell and Waters are the two doing well that I am missing atm. However, my defence has been scoring well (Broughton, Adcock, Goddard, Deledio, Birchall Lake, Bugg, Morris, Ellis) so I think I could wait to get him. Also I think he will get cheaper at some point if he has an off game.

I could have sworn I picked Martin to start with but when I saw that he was a unique player in my first league matchup for my opponent I realised I didn't have him. Which is a good thing as he started the season slowly. But now he has hit some form and he looks to have bottomed out at 400K. A BE of 59 (according to fanfooty) means his price will only rise from here.

Robinson looks to be a DT gun and should be in the top forwards given the way he has started the season and how the other prems have started the season (slowly). Not having him is putting me behind others that do have him so i'd like that to change asap. Also he is going up in price each week I don't get him atm.

Beams is a unique pick because of his high starting price and interrupted start to the season. He smashed it DT wise against Essendon and now has a very achievable BE this week. My concern is that he only played 14 games last year and seems a little injury prone. Also I have Chapman and Sidebottom which makes it hard for the bye rounds.

mad dawg

Murphy or pendles. Robinson,beams and martin are all good scores but could become inconsistant especially beams and martin