Hard right now but how is it shaping up?

Started by Piggers, January 22, 2010, 06:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggers

Hi all,
Thank god footy is almost back!!!
A very rough draft as there are so many unknowns but please give me your honest opinions!
Backs: S Fisher, L Gilbee, L Hodge, S Gilbert, T Kennelly, B Waters, J Hunt - EMER: L Fisher, M McGuire
Mids: G Ablett, S Mitchell, M Boyd, B Harvey, M McVeigh, R Palmer -
EMER: T Scully, M Farmer
Rucks: M Kreuzer, M Lobbe (until Hille Plays)
EMER: Hille, Warnock
Forwards: N Reiwoldt, J Brown, D Giansiracusa, P Dangerfield, B Hall ( I know!) C Mayne, A Wonaeamirri
EMER: J Watts, J Jacky

Trav0

Pretty sure Leigh fisher retired...can't remember why they rookied him, might be so they didn't have to count his salary in the cap! Since he was still contracted when they delisted him but rookies don't count...a loop hole you could say...

Piggers

Yeah you are right.

Thanks for that a big oversight

bomberJohn

Get rid of L. Fisher and the only downfall with Hunt is he and Marcus drum will fight for the spot and with his record of injury, that could be hard to keep

Fatty

I respectfully reckon you need to have another think about your team.

Hunt: No certainty to get into the 22 for mine. Watch out for Drum in the NAB. If he goes well Josh might have to wait.

Waters: Cripes...has he ever gotten on to the field? Remember you've got Kennelly, Hunt and Maguire as well so there's a lot of iffy players in that backline.

Your midfield is gun but it might pay to downgrade either McViegh (suspended in round one and past his best) or Palmer (average disposal better DT option) to Dustin Martin who shouldn't have too much trouble getting a gig in the Tiger Midfield.  Also, Scully is injured as and Farmer has a poor track record in this area also. Have a look at guys like Bastinac, Jetta of Sydney or Tapscott as other options.

Your rucks are fatally weak. Give Hille the arse and use the money you saved from including Martin in the midfield to give yourself a decent second ruck and send Lobbe to the bench as cover. Give Warnock the Freo treatment and pick up an 83k option as your fourth ruck. NEVER waste money on the fourth ruck option. Lobbe provides cover and by upgrading the second ruck the fourth ruck becomes superfulous.

Your forwards look pretty solid but Wonnamirri is struggling with injury and Jarhan Jacky is nowhere near it.  Have a look at guys like Cunnington and Trengove if you can afford them. Go Port's Trengove if you can't afford Jack Trengove.

Good luck mate.

FATTY.

Piggers

I have to agree!!! Not good at all!!!
Revised line up (once again all feedback both positive and negative most welcome!)
Backs: Lake, Fisher, Hodge, Symes, Morris, Drum, Kennelly EM: J Trengrove, McGuire.
Mids: Ablett, Gibbs, Cooney, Sidebum, Young, Martin EM: Jetta, Bastinac
Rucks: Brogan, Tippett EM: Lobbe, Sullivan
Forw: Reiwoldt, Brown, Harvey, Lynch, Bate, Dangerfield, Rohan EM: Skipper, Tapscott
A couple of undecided which will have to wait for NAB to see how they go!