MY 2010 DT, does it make you randy baby?

Started by boooyaaa, January 10, 2010, 04:10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boooyaaa

hey all been workin on this for a while appreciate some feedback thanks

backs
corey enright
paul duffield
andrew carrazzo
sam fisher
luke hodge
rick ladson
beau waters

centres
scott pendlebury
bradd dalziel
tom swift
rhys palmer
tom scully
dustin martin

rucks
dean cox
david hille

forwards
brett deledio
jonathan brown
brent harvey
cyril rioli
jack ziebell
steele sidebottom
jack trengove

bench
phil davis
ash smith
mitch banner
michael barlow
jackson trengrove
matthew lobbe
luke tapscott
ryan bastinac

Considering;
- sidebottom to cunnington, i know starting with 4 rookies is risky but all i beleive are good to go for round 1 and score well
- waters could be any of broadbent, drum, myers, nash depending on nab
- unsure about dalziell thoughts?
- $1,200 in teh bank

RIP IT TO SHREDS PEOPLE

luke

probably need one more gun in the mids.
Nice backline but maybe a little too much money spent?
good forward line and rucks if hille plays rnd 1

Kangamagic

boooyaaa

A pretty good start.

Defence: I dont think Waters is ready for round 1, maybe change him to Kennelly if you can or even a rookie who is likely to get games.

Mids: I do think you need another premium if you can maybe Cooney who will be back to his best in 2010. Dalz and Palmer will increase averages which means you could upgrade them during the year to premiums. Swift im not to sure on.

Rucks: I know that eats up abit of you cash with having Cox but maybe if you downgrade him to Sandilands free up abit of cash for you midfield selection to get Cooney.
Who you replace him with its upto you.

Forwards: Pretty good Im glad you have gone for Sidebottom I reckon he will play heaps of games in 2010.
I know a few people don't like going for 2nd year players but I feel the bunch from last years draft have the ability to take it further in 2010.

Bertie

Saw on the AFL website that Cunnington has a "hotspot" and will miss 4 weeks of training, so good to stick to Frontbum.  I'm always very wary of guys who don't have full pre-seasons.

boooyaaa

luke:
i see what u mean with backs, im trying to avoid the whole backline collapse like last year by strengthening it early. i see their is alot of good value in cheap backman but think injury is too much of a worry with them. i also had andrew walker locked in until he pulled a carlton so i changed him to sam fisher

kangamagic:
yeah i heard waters went down again, hopeing he is up and running during the nab hes a gun and if hes named round 1 he'll be in my team, if probs kennelly as hes sure for best 22.
cooney is very much on my radar im still tossing up between the guarantee of cooney or the potential value of swift.
see what you mean is a way to free up 50k but i think cox will be back to his best averaging over 105 and also not too much of a fan of sandi even though hes a star

bertie:
yeh i had him in my team til i saw he was injured

cheers guys thanks for the help, anyone else got some improvements??

jimmytigs

very weak midfield wont go far with that at all.im definately looking at dalziell & palmer but palmer is risky & no way id have swift & dalziell together in fact swift is too pricey for me.Get dangerfield & another lesser light for rioli & 1 of the top 3 forwards & spend the change on another gun midfielder getting rid of swift

boooyaaa

ive deliberately gone with the weaker midfield to save money and strengthen other positions. i know its risky as ids account for alot of points but i see the premiums ablett, swan etc. more likely to drop the most in price.
having said that i am still looking to upgrade either of swift or dalziell to marc murphy, bernie vine or andam cooney. to do that id have to get cash by either downgrading either rioli, sidebottom or sam fisher. thoughts??
does anyone beleive tom swift is a good pick, his form at the end of last season shows he can rack up 20+ possesions consistenly, i see him having a greater role this year and possibly averaging 80ish which would see him rise in price

any other help out ther?

DrewMartin

I would go with Drum in your backs - by all accounts he's settled into Geelong well and should get game time without Harley

FLOPITOUT1

Good to see someone has Barlow i had Broughton last year.Nice choice of benchy worth the risk at that price

boooyaaa

Updated my team..........

Corey Enright     
Paul Duffield     
Andrew Carrazzo   
Luke Hodge     
Nick Malceski     
Rick Ladson       
Beau Waters       

Scott Pendlebury       
Adam Cooney     
David Mackay   
Rhys Palmer   
Tom Scully       
Dustin Martin 

Aaron Sandilands 
David Hille   

Brett Deledio   
Jonathan Brown   
Brent Harvey         
Jack Ziebell     
Steele Sidebottom     
Jack Trengove       
Ben Cunnington         

Ash Smith       
Phil Davis         
Mitch Banner     
Michael Barlow   
Matthew Lobbe   
Jackson Trengove       
Ryan Bastinac
Luke Tapscott

- is 4 starting rookies to much?
- $355,400 left in bank

advice please

jsmithxiv

I like what you've done with parts.

I would think you still need to get another gun mid (agree Ablett, Swan are too pricey right now), but maybe think of someone like Mitchell, Scott Thompson etc who should still score you 100+ most weeks...

Not sure I'd put Hille in yet, prob wont play until Rnd 3 or 4 at earliest, and then still have question marks about effectiveness after the ACL.

Good luck!!!