Previous topic - Next topic

Should I make the trades?

Yes
2 (25%)
No
6 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 0

LaHug

Before you vote, hear me out. (Currently have 23 trades and $4400 remaining)

I have to trade Mumford so I'm going Mummy to HMac.
However, I'm considering trading Ablett to Ziebell at the same time.
This trade leaves me with $318,300 cash in the bank.

Then, when Ablett comes back, I downgrade and upgrade rookies (Magner and Shiel, for example) to get Ablett.
Assuming the downgrade is to a $104,200 priced rookie, this will leave me with $18,500 cash in the bank (plus however much Magner and Shiel go up in price between then and now) and 19 trades.

Now, before you say 4 trades for 1 premium is too much, one of those trades is a must do for Mummy anyway, so it's only 3 trades. Considering I'm getting a premium out of it (Ziebell should be a premium this year), it's only one more than the regular downgrade/upgrade you need for a premium and, depending on how much the rookies rise in price, I could be left with a healthy amount of cash.

Pros: Gets points now while Ablett is out. Get Ziebell before the price rise. Potential to have lots of cash left over.

Cons: If Ablett comes back very soon, it limits earning from rookies. Ziebell is yet to completely prove himself this season. Uses trades early on. If C. Smith ends up playing (emergency right now), it'll stuff up the loophole for me.

What are your thoughts, guys?

LaHug

And a comment or two would be lovely, if you'd really like to help...

yorgis

the thing is you already have gaj and after using  3 trades later you'll still have him. if he comes back next week you may have

lost about 60 odd points and i really don't think you will be keeping ZZZZZ  for the whole season [ you will trade him out

sooner or later for  a premo ] personally i benched gaj this week and we'll see what happens next week

Holz

Im also worried about trading in guys like JZ who arent real premiums. The trade could pay off but it could blow up in your face with JZ just averaging 95-105 and you missing out on a Dt star like pendles,selwood,boyd etc...

Ablett could only be gone the 1 week but i think it will be 2 and he should play GWS, they will push him to play that game.  Mummy to Hmac good move and I wish I had done it last week.

I think it would be better to keep ablett and use the 3 trades to bring in a super premium who will easily outscore JZ.

LaHug

Thanks guys. I guess I'm just trying to think of crazy ways to catch up to everyone else. Will play it safe and just go Mummy to HMac.

Yoshi

Don't mind the Mummy trade but I'm not sold Zeibel is a gun. Sure he'll knock out some good score but will be a little inconsistant I feel.

I don't think Zeibel will be what you want in your final 6 mids. I would expect that he will be traded be years end.

I've gone GAJ on bench. Just about eveyone will be in the same position.

Just do the Mummy trade.

oldshepp

Swan as VC helped make up my mind.  The extra 60 or so I will get by leaving Ablett as captain will compensate for Shiel's likely score this week as emergency

yorgis

yeah hugs just do the mummy trade  mate