Offloading and Upgrading

Started by Jormas, April 27, 2012, 07:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jormas

When should we be staring to offload rooks and upgrade?

Because the likes of Magner, Greene, Shiel, Coniglio, Mcdonald all have a projected $150K to rise, but that isn't until the bye round..

I want to start upgrading by round 7, to start to cover my donuts in the bye weeks.

What is the best option when trying to trade out rooks, and when do you know it's the right time to sacrifice a couple of 'K' to get the massive scores..

Jormas.

henry

The obvious way of deciciding is when they have fully fattened out and are about to start decreasing in price. A good rule of thumb that I use is that if there is a new cash cow on the bubble (about to rise in price after 2 games) that has an average similar to a cash cow I already have I will trade them in, even if tne cash cow hasn't fully fattened. You can't do this everytime there is a cash cow on the bubble though, as you will run out of trades so you need to keep a balancd.

Jormas

yeah, that doesnt answer my question though.

I want to get rid of some of my semi-fattened rooks in the mids, to make way for pfeiffer, horsley, etc... but i dont want to trade them prematurely...

picker_man

im starting next week, downgrading the highest be rookie and upgrading the 2nd highest be rookie will continue to do so for next 4 weeks. I think there is some good rookies coming through allowing you to be aggressive with you down/up grading early ;)

henry

Quote from: Jormas on April 27, 2012, 07:52:56 PM
yeah, that doesnt answer my question though.

I want to get rid of some of my semi-fattened rooks in the mids, to make way for pfeiffer, horsley, etc... but i dont want to trade them prematurely...
By definition trading them prematurely is trading them when they are semi-fattened. If there is someone on the bubble you want who averages equal/higher to the semi-fattened cow then trade if you are desperate for quick cash. Otherwise wait until they have fully fattened, which is what i will probably do with most of them which wikl conserve a few trades also.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Jormas on April 27, 2012, 07:32:58 PM
When should we be staring to offload rooks and upgrade?

Because the likes of Magner, Greene, Shiel, Coniglio, Mcdonald all have a projected $150K to rise, but that isn't until the bye round..

I want to start upgrading by round 7, to start to cover my donuts in the bye weeks.

What is the best option when trying to trade out rooks, and when do you know it's the right time to sacrifice a couple of 'K' to get the massive scores..

Jormas.

Presuming that you have a viable downgrade option you should trade a rookie when their breakeven exceeds the score you think they can achieve in their next match.