Mumford

Started by Chelskiman, April 27, 2012, 02:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What shall I do with the big Mummy?

Trade to McIntosh?
8 (34.8%)
Trade to someone else? (Please specify)
2 (8.7%)
Hold onto him and let Giles cover until he returns?
13 (56.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Chelskiman

No idea what to do with Mummy as him being out for a month is around that awkward time frame as I'm not sure whether to hold him or trade him.  If I trade then I think McIntosh is my best bet, even though he's already gone up in value by 70k.  If I do go that way I'll have over $120k in the bank to play with on a rainy day.  Other possible options are Ivan Maric, Ben McEvoy or Matty Kreuzer.  This is my current ruck set up.

Cox
Mumford
Giles
Stephenson

HELP!

thewizz

Use Giles, thats what hes there for. Scoring 100s anyway.

Chelskiman

I'm more worried about this ongoing back problem he's got.  As it stands, he will have only played two games in the first two months of the season.  That's not ideal for a premium ruckman who is worth $450k.

stew42

I'm in the same situation (Jacobs instead of Cox). One biiiig factor is that if I do trade Mummy to HMac, then I will be able to upgrade Magner to basically anyone...

Artax

Definitely worth doing

pcmaniman

Given you have giles for cover I would hold Mummy - and save the trade until you need to upgrade -- or are forced to trade due to injury etc..

Magner still has plenty of upside, I would not do that trade yet..

stew42

Quote from: pcmaniman on April 27, 2012, 02:31:52 PM
Given you have giles for cover I would hold Mummy - and save the trade until you need to upgrade -- or are forced to trade due to injury etc..

Magner still has plenty of upside, I would not do that trade yet..
Just realised I also have CSmith  ::)

Chelskiman

I just see Mumford on my bench and it's killing me.  At least if Giles was on the bench he would be making me money.  It is a big decision because Mumford is a gun when he plays, but he's going to be wasting space in my team for a month; space that could be earning me money for future upgrades.  It's also not as if I'm trading him out on bad form, because he's scored well in the only two games he's played, but the injury he has is really concerning for the long run.  Even when he comes back it might take him a week, maybe two, to get back into premium scoring mode.  I've probably already talked myself into trading him, but it is nice to have other opinions to factor into my decision.

Colliwobblers

impossible to know, giles and cox are fine without mummy so save a trade and hold him or trade him out to hmac or kruze and upgrade elsewhere.

Capper

Quote from: Chelskiman on April 27, 2012, 02:12:42 PM
No idea what to do with Mummy as him being out for a month is around that awkward time frame as I'm not sure whether to hold him or trade him.  If I trade then I think McIntosh is my best bet, even though he's already gone up in value by 70k.  If I do go that way I'll have over $120k in the bank to play with on a rainy day.  Other possible options are Ivan Maric, Ben McEvoy or Matty Kreuzer.  This is my current ruck set up.

Cox
Mumford
Giles
Stephenson

HELP!
i am in the same situation as you. I have the same rucks but will be benching mummy whilst he is out but i am biased

SydneyRox

I am in the same spot as you except I have redden not the big O.

I am thinking of mummy to Hmac and then using the money upgrade a mid to help me with the GAJ situation....

Having $1m on the bench for up to 3 weeks doesnt seem right.

Praetorian

For what it's worth Chelsk, I think if you're committed to trading Mumford you'd be better off going for another premium rather than Mac who you're probably going to trade out again at a later stage.

Chelskiman

Quote from: Praetorian on April 27, 2012, 04:52:36 PM
For what it's worth Chelsk, I think if you're committed to trading Mumford you'd be better off going for another premium rather than Mac who you're probably going to trade out again at a later stage.

Well Sandi is out, and I don't really trust McEvoy either.  Jacobs is really my only other option, and whilst he is the only ruckman at the Crows he's not exactly a high scorer either so if I do trade then I'll have to downgrade to a mid priced ruckman and Mac is the best out of all of those options (Kreuzer, Maric, NicNat etc).