Is this the right move???

Started by AsianGuy0410, April 27, 2012, 09:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AsianGuy0410

24 trades left and $43000 in the bank

Should i go:

Adam Kennedy + Clay Smith ---> Adam Treloar and James McDonald and pocket $144700 (brings to $187700 in the bank after trades)

And then next week, go either Magner or D.Smith to a premium midfielder/forward?

My team:

DEF: Goddard, Scotland, Waters, Hargrave, Bugg, Birchall, Morris -- Ellis, Darley
MID: Stanton, Ablett, Swan, Thompson, Magner, Shiel -- C.Smith, Kerridge
RUC: Cox, Giles -- Redden, Stephenson
FWD: Franklin, Chapman, Martin, D.Smith, Kennedy, Goodes, Fyfe -- Cameron, Hall

My team after trades:

DEF: Goddard, Scotland, Waters, Hargrave, Bugg, Birchall, Morris -- Ellis, Darley
MID: Stanton, Ablett, Swan, Thompson, Magner, McDonald -- Shiel, Kerridge
RUC: Cox, Giles -- Redden, Stephenson
FWD: Franklin, Chapman, Martin, D.Smith, Treloar, Goodes, Fyfe -- Cameron, Hall

$187700 in the bank with 22 trades after i do this proposed move  ;)

Plastic Boy

Do it, your team will do well this week as you have no donut in the ruck so you should jump up the ranking.

No brainer trades in my opinion.

Ricochet

I'd be more concerned about fixing up your other rookies
C.Smith and Kennedy will play again and have plenty more money to gain
Darley - im not sure when we'll see him
Kerridge - JS is terrible
and even Orren is struggling

AsianGuy0410

Quote from: Ricochet on April 27, 2012, 10:02:10 AM
I'd be more concerned about fixing up your other rookies
C.Smith and Kennedy will play again and have plenty more money to gain
Darley - im not sure when we'll see him
Kerridge - JS is terrible
and even Orren is struggling
I'm freaking out at the moment haha. I'm just thinking if i trade out smith and kennedy then i'll get more money for future trades

Ricochet

Yeh thats true for short term gain, but Kerridge and Darley might sit on your pine all year and do nothing.
At least you know C.Smith is loved by the coach and will play again, as will kennedy
Every year i always allow 2 trades as rookie "fix up" trades
you still have plenty of trades left
Long term gain, is price increases over 4 rookies as compared to price increases over 2

Colliwobblers

Kerridge - mcdonald

Nothing else! there isn't a back rook worth getting for darley except smedts and his JS is scary.

Keep your trades for trading down READY rooks. you have been lucky so far to avoid all the injured players but you may need to use trades in the future for injuries and you dont want to waste any trading rooks that arent ready until you either need a new one for cover or one you have has maxed out.

Taylor adams is a GUN he debuts this week, it's not like your going to miss out on fresh rooks, plenty more yet to come through, zorko and docherty and neale and couch and PLENTY more.