Main Menu

The Giant Truth

Started by Colliwobblers, April 27, 2012, 11:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

So I got a feeling given Sandi wins the most hitouts and of the ones he does win, he hits the highest % of any ruckman to the opposition advantage.

These are the facts. Question is after last rounds exceptionannly blatant example of this, does Lyons think they are better off without him?

They have at least won a LOT more clearances tonight without him....

valkorum

I think we can be better off with him.  We just have to teach our midfield how to work properly to him

Master Q

Quote from: valkorum on April 28, 2012, 12:18:04 AM
I think we can be better off with him.  We just have to teach our midfield how to work properly to him
Agree... I think Sandi would of made a huge difference tonight.

Justin Bieber

I think they have shower midfielders who can't win the ball off sandi.

valkorum

Its prob been about 2 and a bit seasons since we have had a full strength midfield at our disposal

Its the first game in a long time that Mundy, Barlow, Fyfe and Hill have played in the same team.  Mundy is still under-done, Barlow is just coming in to form, Hill finally learning how to break a tag, Fyfe has a shoulder issue but still works through it. 

Morabito still to come in.  I also think Lower should come in to the midfield rotations

Gotta give them a few games to get some match fitness and start to gel with each other.  Carlton's core midfield has been together for a few years now so they understand how each other work.  We just need a bit of time to get it all together.  Which is why I keep saying that our window doesnt actually start til next year.

Ziplock

had some horrible kicks there from mundy and fyfe.

griffen... just isn't good :P

Colliwobblers

im not knocking freo's midfield although it could be argued vs the saints that the saints midfielders were better at reading sandi's hitouts...

the other side i wonder about is that carltons midfielders are at least as good as stkildas (better imo) yet froe's midfielders managed to win a LOT more of the hitouts from Griffin than they managed to from sandi.

Is it that griffen is slightly proactive and creative and sandi not?

just putting it out there, sandi makes up for it in his value as a HUGE target in both directions he is invaluable, but as a ruckman if your hitouts are going to go to the opposition almost 70% of the time....?

Ziplock

lets face it though, is there actually a team that has a shower midfield? :P

apart from melbourne...

nathan11

Think it is just opposition thinks sandi will get the hit out and set up for it but back their ruck against griffin so set up for him to win

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Ziplock on April 28, 2012, 12:59:10 AM
lets face it though, is there actually a team that has a shower midfield? :P

apart from melbourne...
Port has a pretty shaky midfield. That's all I can think of, apart from expansion clubs of course. 

valkorum

Quote from: nathan11 on April 28, 2012, 01:07:32 AM
Think it is just opposition thinks sandi will get the hit out and set up for it but back their ruck against griffin so set up for him to win

I agree with this.  In a centre bounce situation you have 6 players all roving to Sandi where as against Griff you have 3 players trying to rove each ruck.