Treloar/Smedts... With a difference

Started by Uncle, April 26, 2012, 11:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle

Smedts to treloar this week seems to be a popular trade, and i can see why. however, i'm thinking of bringing smedts IN to my side... I have sooo many GWS players (9) and have 5 that need to be traded before the bye rounds ( Townsend, Shiel, Greene, Cameron, Kennedy) and I want to use no more than another 6 trades. I need to be trading in rookies with the rd 12/13 bye for the bench, but players I am confident will get games in order to cover donuts in these rounds, and I think smedts has great job security. Then next week I will be trading another gws player (Kennedy) to Pfieffer, as long as he has another reasonable ggame and loooks to have decent job security. What are people's thoughts?

tigers123

Quote from: Uncle on April 26, 2012, 11:04:28 AM
Smedts to treloar this week seems to be a popular trade, and i can see why. however, i'm thinking of bringing smedts IN to my side... I have sooo many GWS players (9) and have 5 that need to be traded before the bye rounds ( Townsend, Shiel, Greene, Cameron, Kennedy) and I want to use no more than another 6 trades. I need to be trading in rookies with the rd 12/13 bye for the bench, but players I am confident will get games in order to cover donuts in these rounds, and I think smedts has great job security. Then next week I will be trading another gws player (Kennedy) to Pfieffer, as long as he has another reasonable ggame and loooks to have decent job security. What are people's thoughts?

hmmm. well obviously wait for teams and if smedts is named, by all means that MIGHT be a good trade... but I wouldn't be able to tell you how good a trade it is unles you tell us who you are trading smedts in for! haha  :P so who it it?!

but yes i do like the kennedy -> pfeiffer, wait until this weeks game though to decide upon that because kennedy could come out and thump it, thus making that trade a bit silly... but that might be unlikely so I don't mind that. I am actually looking at a kennedy -> beams trade next week but my decision will be based on the weekend's games!

Uncle

Townsend... has to go! i'm sure there will be some good downgrade options up forward and midfield with right bye, my issue is that bar wilkes (inferior js) i can't see any strong round 12 or 13 players coming along in the backline

tigers123

Quote from: Uncle on April 26, 2012, 11:37:18 AM
Townsend... has to go! i'm sure there will be some good downgrade options up forward and midfield with right bye, my issue is that bar wilkes (inferior js) i can't see any strong round 12 or 13 players coming along in the backline

yep! that seems quite reasonable! :) i have smedts and have been a little disappointed with his output so far, but I would be so happy if he played though! i'm running out of bench cover with shaw and birchall haha!

but yes i do agree, so far from memory the only other defender rooks i'll be looking at in the near future will be Sam Docherty (11)-he is a gun- Luke Brown and possibly wilkes if he breaks into the side... but docherty and brown both have the 11 bye as well which doesn't help our cause haha  :'(

but yeah, if smedts gets named, i would probably bring him in if I were you :)