Ask Q: Pre-Anzac Day (24/4/12) (Includes plan for this week)

Started by Master Q, April 24, 2012, 07:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

weee

Hey Mate Again, Hows This?

Ive been waying up my options, and too gain some rankings on the pack ahead, I’ve thought of this, Trading Aggressively…

Round 5 â€" Gazza â€" Murphy + about $40

Cash left about 100k

So in a couple of rounds time, when Coniglio is about 270k, Magner almost 300k so about Round 7,
To Upgrade and Downgrade them back to Gazza, once he has hit his strapes again after easing back into it after his injury, So at this stage i’d be hoping he is about 560kish, as will is 97 be in his rolling 3 round average, And Gazza will become my M6 and rejoin my midfield :)

thoughts? in this a reasonable plan? or pointless? ;)

Also Zorko, Mitchell (Maybe), Docherty and maybe even Koby Stevens look to be good downgrades :D

Master Q

Quote from: weee on April 24, 2012, 09:02:51 PM
Hey Mate Again, Hows This?

Ive been waying up my options, and too gain some rankings on the pack ahead, I’ve thought of this, Trading Aggressively…

Round 5 â€" Gazza â€" Murphy + about $40

Cash left about 100k

So in a couple of rounds time, when Coniglio is about 270k, Magner almost 300k so about Round 7,
To Upgrade and Downgrade them back to Gazza, once he has hit his strapes again after easing back into it after his injury, So at this stage i’d be hoping he is about 560kish, as will is 97 be in his rolling 3 round average, And Gazza will become my M6 and rejoin my midfield :)

thoughts? in this a reasonable plan? or pointless? ;)

Also Zorko, Mitchell (Maybe), Docherty and maybe even Koby Stevens look to be good downgrades :D
Good short term, but long term it's just a trade burner.

Praetorian

Hey Q, not posted in these threads before but I've seen you around a lot and you seem pretty sound. :) An outsider's perspective is nice sometimes, too!

I'll try to make it easy for you so you don't have to do all my work for me! I'm trading Ablett out this week, but I can't decide who I want between Swan and Boyd. I'm only semi-interested in overall ranking (currently 19,000-odd) but I've got a really tricky league match. I'm fairly sure my opponent's going to have Boyd as his Captain in Ablett's absence against GWS. Swan's in the better team, but here's my current midfield:

Ablett, Pendlebury, Murphy, J Selwood, Goddard, Magner (Shiel, Pfeiffer)

Having Swan and Pendlebury in the same midfield doesn't bother me as much as it probably should, because my chosen method of dealing with the byes is to load up on round 12 bye players, sacrifice that game for assured wins in the other two rounds. So that's question 1: Boyd vs. Swan.

Two, I'll be looking to lose Townsend as well, by switching Goddard to the backline. Do you think I'm better off going with Treloar or Old Mcdonald? I think this week's opponent has McDonald as well, but not Treloar... yet.

Given you a cheer in advance!

Master Q

Quote from: Praetorian on April 24, 2012, 09:13:52 PM
Hey Q, not posted in these threads before but I've seen you around a lot and you seem pretty sound. :) An outsider's perspective is nice sometimes, too!

I'll try to make it easy for you so you don't have to do all my work for me! I'm trading Ablett out this week, but I can't decide who I want between Swan and Boyd. I'm only semi-interested in overall ranking (currently 19,000-odd) but I've got a really tricky league match. I'm fairly sure my opponent's going to have Boyd as his Captain in Ablett's absence against GWS. Swan's in the better team, but here's my current midfield:

Ablett, Pendlebury, Murphy, J Selwood, Goddard, Magner (Shiel, Pfeiffer)

Having Swan and Pendlebury in the same midfield doesn't bother me as much as it probably should, because my chosen method of dealing with the byes is to load up on round 12 bye players, sacrifice that game for assured wins in the other two rounds. So that's question 1: Boyd vs. Swan.

Two, I'll be looking to lose Townsend as well, by switching Goddard to the backline. Do you think I'm better off going with Treloar or Old Mcdonald? I think this week's opponent has McDonald as well, but not Treloar... yet.

Given you a cheer in advance!
Thanks mate  ;)

Tough choosing between Swan and Boyd, but atm I think Boyd, especially if you have a tough game this round when he's up against GWS...

2. McDonald for me. Only 98k and is expected to rise to almost 200k...

Adamant

Hey Q, at the moment I have 311k in the bank and was planning on going Coniglio â€"> Pendles this week., however since Cogs was a late withdrawal on the weekend (no price rise) means im 14k short of Pendles! although I do have 515k to spend and would love your opinion on which option I should do:

1. Coniglio â€"> Watson/Thompson/Barlow (and which one)
2. Magner â€"> Watson/Thompson/Barlow (and which one)
3. WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEK and go Coniglio/Magner â€"> Pendles
4. A.Kennedy â€"> Treloar & Magner â€"> ANY PREMO MID
**5. I could also turn Morris into any premo def or Kennedy into any premo fwd but the other premo def & fwd’s dont really scream pick me!

Team is:
DEF: Goddard â€" Deledio â€" Birchall â€" Waters â€" Hargrave â€" Clarke â€" Bugg (Ellis -Morris)
MID: Boyd â€" Rockliff â€" Jelwood â€" Magner â€" Coniglio â€" J-Mac (ABLETT â€" Shiel)
RUC: H-Mac â€" Giles (Stephenson â€" Redden)
FWD: Franklin â€" Goodes â€" Robinson â€" Martin â€" Sidebottom â€" Kennedy â€" D.Smith (Dickson â€" Hall)

22 trades left, 311k in bank.

Keep in mind if I did get in a Watson/Thompson this week it would save me around 60 points with GAJ out…

PS: Sorry for the long post, I'll cheer you for your reply.  :)
Cheers mate

Master Q

Some nice options there  ;)

TBH I'm not so sure, really depends who you want. I'd go 4 if you want someone this week, although at the price of one more trade. Otherwise I'd go No.3...

Master Q

That's enough for tonight! Thanks for all the questions, hope I helped!

Catch you tomorrow  ;)