Robbie Grey - gone

Started by bluedreamin, April 21, 2012, 07:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluedreamin

Channel 7 just reported it's a likely ruptured ACL.

For those who have him (like me) at least he had the decency to do it in the last 30 seconds of the game and spare us a huge price drop. Some players just have no luck with injuries... from now on I am only bringing players with proven longevity into my team (rookies not included of course). No more Greys, Fyfes, Drummonds, Grimeses, Higginses... you get the picture ;)

Virgil

That's really disappointing if true.  Robbie's had a Drummond-esque run with injuries and last year it looked like he'd finally gotten everything sorted.  Some guys just can't catch a break.

13Brummy

Did you guys see the injury?  Uggghhh, the worst hyperextension I've ever seen.  Ten times worse than Buddy's last year.  Could miss a large chunk of next pre-season, even games next year

MTTY

My thoughts so far for trading is that i will bring in Callan Ward.

Thoughts?

Ringo

Will probably have another price rise this week so can you cover.  Playing OS football at the moment but question is can he keep it up and worth the $500+k. Will he start to pick up tight tags?

Not a bad trade to cover LTI. 

MTTY

Quote from: Ringo on April 22, 2012, 03:11:34 PM
Will probably have another price rise this week so can you cover.  Playing OS football at the moment but question is can he keep it up and worth the $500+k. Will he start to pick up tight tags?

Not a bad trade to cover LTI.
I'll have around 576,000 to use, so it should be alright. I think his well worth the price tag (predicted 536,000 ish at the end of the round), but as you said could attract a tag. Thanks for your opinion Ringo very much appreciated.