Panic traded. How did I go

Started by the raven, April 20, 2012, 09:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How did I go

good
bad
Time will tell

the raven

Alright, I honestly crumbled under the pressure as I am not usually good at making rushed decisions. I had planned to keep fyfe if he was playing, but in the haste, I opted to trade him seen as he wasn't playing. Also I had d1ckhead (heath shaw) and birchall down back. Covered birchall with morris this week and decided to offload shaw.

My reasoning for the shaw trade is he is 2/3 weeks away, been scoring shower and will have to rely on the other collingwood defenders returning to score well. Also on the pies website says he is available round 6-7. Really banking on shaw to have a delayed return and take 3 weeks. I would not have done the shaw trade if birchall was playing, but as he wasnt playing I couldnt afford to have 2 premiums + 1 mid pricer and clarke/rookies. Hoping this doesn't bite me in the ass. Long term scotland will be more consistent than heat shaw.

tell me how these trades are likely to shape my season. Did I panic too much and just try for a quick fix? I tryed to plan this for the season.

TL;DR- Shaw/fyfe----->Scotland/dangerfield

Tried to think long term with fyfe injury and shaw inconsistency.

Edit- Added poll. Also think I rushed the fyfe trade as he will kill it when he gets back, but at least the shaw trade has some upside. :(

nathan11

Think you panicked with fyfe will be a few cut price forwards to pick up next week

the raven

Quote from: nathan11 on April 20, 2012, 09:12:09 PM
Think you panicked with fyfe will be a few cut price forwards to pick up next week

Thinking the same thing. Just added the edit after some more clear thought.

unceramonius

Yeah but im not Shaw Heath is injured either.  I think they are playing funny buggers to avoid the playing sat....then getting back up for wednesday mumbo jumbo.

Just seems strange how BOTH him and Daisy cop it together.  I think he playes wednesday

Windigo

Hopefully my plan of getting kreuzer instead of Sandi pays off and I can get a fallen FWD premium next week.

I still don't think Fyfe is 100%, more than likely he'll come back next week though.