Broughton to Deledio too sideways?

Started by Macca#23, April 20, 2012, 02:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

upthemaidens

why would u do it this week,but not last week?
  broughton just got 100+ and has fallen in price and NOW u want to get rid of him..  seems loco to me

charliesheen

Quote from: upthemaidens on April 20, 2012, 04:08:40 PM
  broughton just got 100+ and has fallen in price and NOW u want to get rid of him..  seems loco to me

Could have possibly other "stuff" to deal with...  Deledio/Goddard are must have IMO, and is set to go up in price if he keeps this up.  110 SC average playing mid is not out of the realm.

Also note, Broughton scores skyrocketed when Fyfe was subbed off...

BlackMamba

Quote from: charliesheen on April 20, 2012, 04:04:29 PM
If Broughton > Goddard/Deledio counts as part of your 4 corrective trades, I don't see how its going to be an issue.

IMO it's ok if you don't plan to get Broughton back in or else that's another trade gone. I am assuming corrective trades don't involve trading out someone and getting them back in later? That would be using two trades on 1 guy which is a waste if you ask me.

charliesheen

If I traded Broughton out, chances are he won't end up back in my team, UNLESS Fyfe has shoulder operation...  Same applies to Shaw...

Fletch74

Quote from: charliesheen on April 20, 2012, 03:55:24 PM
I can counter argue that a lot of people are left with way too many trades because they are not proactive enough, especially if trades means improving team development.

Couldn't agree more with that ;) You should trade hard at the start to make use of your Cash Cows, but sideways trading may only improve your team by 10 PPG at most. That is not worth a trade IMO, unless its finals time...

I am going to assume "most" people picked Broughton with the expectation he would have a "settled" role under Ross Lyon.  Broughton's flexibility is great for the team but not great for fantasy coaches.  Based on the sample data so far (albeit small), not much looks like changing from 2011.
Yep, I did, but he did have a reasonable 2011 as well, which is why I also picked him, so I'm happy with that.

Goddard & Deledio are looking like must have picks, they are the most logical sideways trade if you don't have them.
Now, I am lucky I have both of them, but if I didn't I would not sideways trade to get them, they are not going to improve my average by that much.

For instance, is you started with 14 premiums (probably the most you could start with) then you'll more than likely need to do 20 trades, 10 downgrade and 10 upgrade, in order to get a full set of premiums in your side by EOS. This leaves only 10 trades to use for injury, rookie fix ups, finals, byes, etc. Is that enough??

TRADES ARE TOO VALUABLE TO WASTE ON PREMIUMS WHO ARE STILL PLAYING LIKE BROUGHTON, OR FYFE!!

upthemaidens

Quote from: charliesheen on April 20, 2012, 04:11:08 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on April 20, 2012, 04:08:40 PM

Could have possibly other "stuff" to deal with...  Deledio/Goddard are must have IMO, and is set to go up in price if he keeps this up.  110 SC average playing mid is not out of the realm.

Also note, Broughton scores skyrocketed when Fyfe was subbed off...
deledio wont go up that much and at some point drop abit,, why not just get him the old-fashion way and do an downgrade/upgrade in 3-4 weeks, that way u have deledio and broughts..  also how will it affect your bye set-up?

tor01doc

TRADES ARE TOO VALUABLE TO WASTE ON PREMIUMS WHO ARE STILL PLAYING LIKE BROUGHTON, OR FYFE!!  :-X

charliesheen

If Broughton maintains his average from last year, a Goddard/Deledio (who are on the up) sideways makes a lot of sense to me.  I am sure most people would never have picked Broughton, if they thought he would just "maintain" last years average.

A 10 PPG over the rest of the season is a lot.  Could be potentially much more with Goddard.

At the end of the day, just use whatever works for you.  All I am saying is that I would not rule out the trade, whether it turns out right or wrong.  Personally, I would have done it.

upthemaidens

Quote from: charliesheen on April 20, 2012, 04:26:16 PM
If Broughton maintains his average from last year, a Goddard/Deledio (who are on the up) sideways makes a lot of sense to me.  A 10 PPG over the rest of the season is a lot.  Could be potentially more with Goddard.

Just use whatever works for you.  All I am saying is that I would not rule out the trade, whether it turns out right or wrong.  Personally, I would have done it.
its not a 10 ppg for the whole year just for the few weeks until u bring him in the traditional way,  so maybe 30-40 points extra..

charliesheen

I am assuming your final D7 is still 10 ppg above Broughton if you kept him.

Fletch74

A 10 PPG over the rest of the season is a lot.  Could be potentially much more with Goddard.
It is a lot... But, would I not get Deledio or Goddard later with an upgrade??

Therefore, the loss is only 40-70 points at most IMO, and who's to say they won't get injured, like Dempsey etc last week who everyone jumped on?

40-70 is not worth a sideways trade for me...

BlackMamba

If Broughton maintains his average from last year, a Goddard/Deledio (who are on the up) sideways makes a lot of sense to me.  A 10 PPG over the rest of the season is a lot.  Could be potentially more with Goddard.

It won't be for the rest of the season because you will look to upgrade to them later. All you gotta do is to upgrade to them ASAP which would be a few rounds time.