0 TRADES 2 DOUNUTS, 1 TRADE 1 DOUNUT, 2 TRADES 0 DOUNUTS?

Started by leighroids, April 19, 2012, 11:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leighroids

Hey all. In a bit of a pickle this week with my backline (as many already, so im not complaining here lol). I need some advice however.
Backline is
Goddard Birchall, Shaw Bugg, Clarke, Morris, Smedts Grimes Lake

In bold are my issues. As you can see, the only way i wont cop a doughnut is to do 2 trades. Rest of the ground is all good. Ive only got 100 or so in bank.
Is it worth me burning 2 trades (looking at Shaw and Grimes if i were to) to avoid this? Trading one (Shaw) from anyone from Carrazzo onwards) and taking the doughnut.
Any ideas will be welcome. Anyone else in the same boat who is willing to share their thoughts?

Duck

imo I would trade Smedts to Paine seeing how Shaw has a hammy so I think he would be playing for the next 2 weeks which is good.
Then trade Shaw to whoever you prefer.

leighroids

I havent even thought of that combo. I think i like. Instead of doing Smedts though, ill do Dickson in my forward line. Have Paine and Smedts swap over. Ill have 517k to spend when trading Shaw out.
Cheers.

2 large cokes

unsure why your sold on bringing in Paine? you mosewell keep the trade and cop the 0 with him. he's not gonna score more than 50 and won't be getting a game in a week or two.  would be such a waste! your thinking way to short term. even someone like Tomlinson would be a way better pick than him.

have you thought about bringing players like bower, hargrave, malceski etc.

hannebery2rohan

Quote from: Duck on April 19, 2012, 11:38:18 PM
imo I would trade Smedts to Paine seeing how Shaw has a hammy so I think he would be playing for the next 2 weeks which is good.
Then trade Shaw to whoever you prefer.

and what about the many weeks after shaw comes back?  ::)