to trade or not to trade?

Started by Bill Manspeaker, April 19, 2012, 09:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Hargrave, Bugg, Mohr, Morris   (Shaw, Ellis)

Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Pendlebury, Magner, Shiel   (McDonald, Ledger)

Mumford, Giles   (Redden, Stephenson)

Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Porplyzia, Kennedy, Smith, Couch   (Goodes, Cameron)

$22,600 remaining
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay so i haven't used any trades this year.. and wasn't planning on using trades this early.. but i dunno if i have a choice?

Fyfe has been named in the team, but watching the start of AFL 360 tonight they talked to him outside the doctors, and to me - he didn't sound confident in playing. i'm keeping Goodes and i'm keeping Shaw.

but having said that, i'm either gonna have to start Couch (named on extended bench).. or just cop the donut.

SO with $551,200 to spend... i was looking at Fyfe -> Harvey or Sidebottom.

Harvey - averaging 111.3, experienced, and a very reliable player and scorer
Sidebottom - averaging 94, and looking good for a breakout year

someone else?

or of course the other option is keep Fyfe, and hope for the best and see it out.

i REALLY want to keep him, but i'm not sure if that's the best move?

i'd really appreciate any help here fellas, and i know there's heaps on Fyfe already, but this isn't really a post about him. more a 'to trade or not to trade' post.

again any help here is massively appreciated fellas

cheers

kilbluff1985

read the other threads with Fyfe in them heaps of them everybody getting sick of the same question

bowsaints

surely robinson is the obvious swap for fyfe seeing as you dont have him? Scoring very well and no indication that this will drop off.

HotTiges

Sidebottom better then Robinson

Tiggerfan

I saw that interview today on Fox Sport News and going by his response I too thought he wouldn't be playing. Quite surprised when he was named. Oh well now he is I'll be keeping him and see how he goes. Only just got cover now that Pfeiffer's playing..

Ringo

You may have an issue in your forwards:
Firstly assuming it is Devon Smith not Clay Smith in forward line.
If Clay he is out as well.
Couch is named on an extended bench and Cameron has GS. so you may cop a donut if Couch does not play.
No Real issues in Backs as you have cover.

SydneyRox

Bill Manspeaker

cheers for your thoughts fellas.

yeah that's Devon Smith, the only problem i'd have (potentially, never know what's gonna happen before games) is the Fyfe situation. as of now i'm really considering keeping him though.

WORST CASE SCENARIO: Fyfe goes down without even scoring, out for the year. even with the amount of whatever he loses cash wise... i should still be able to pick up Sidebottom next week. (or someone else)

so i think i'm keeping him, and i will pray i didn't just jinx the flower out of him, and he scores awesome and his shoulder holds up.

cheers guys