Is it too late to trade in Marty Clarke?

Started by MarkPlow, April 19, 2012, 06:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it too late to trade in Mary Clarke?

Yes
13 (41.9%)
No
18 (58.1%)

Total Members Voted: 1

MarkPlow

Backline is Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, Lake, Waters, Bower, Hombsch, B Ellis, B Schmedts. Unsure of Smedts JS and scoring ability, not many decent backmen picks this year. Should I trade in Marty Clarke?

charliesheen

Depends what you think he will average.  I would say you need him to push about ~85 to be worth it.  Considering people paid 200k for Geary, no it isn't too late.

Birry

Shaw to Clark looks good if you have him.

I still reckon he has potential to go up quite a lot more.

Free Kick

Still alot of upside and $$$ to be made from Clarke.

Running halfback, carries the ball and job security is now assured.. Would be a good pick IMO.

MarkPlow

team is posted above... cant see smedts breaking back into geelong especially with key players returning and even if he does cant see him scoring very highly. Likely trade would be Smedts > Clarke

Capper

Quote from: Free Kick on April 19, 2012, 06:20:31 PM
Still alot of upside and $$$ to be made from Clarke.

Running halfback, carries the ball and job security is now assured.. Would be a good pick IMO.
might be a bit different this weekend though as Shaw and Daisy are out for 2 weeks

lowry

should i go shaw > clarke
my backline is Goddard, Deledio, (Shaw), Broughton, Malceski, Bugg, Mohr (Ellis, Smedts)

PICCOLLO

Clarke a great option if you get on this week.  Shaw out for two, not sure id trade him out.

ubeaut

Shaw's only out for 2! Get rid of Smedts who may or may not play much at all.

enzedder

Certainly worth considering. I'm in the same situation. Smedts to Clarke. Will mull it over and decide tomorrow.
pros- Job Security, Scoring well, low break even, more $ to make, better defence with him in team, definitely no doughnut
cons- paying $50k+ more after increase last round, already done 3 trades, may not get doughnut anyway

HMmmmmm...will sleep on it