Main Menu

Freo in a thriller

Started by valkorum, April 21, 2012, 12:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7009/newsid/133582/default.aspx

QuoteROSS Lyon's first game coaching against his old club has been a success, with Fremantle beating St Kilda by 13 points at Etihad Stadium on Friday night

Colliwobblers

I wouldn't call it a thriller but there was a moment there when it looked like being one.

Was a good game to watch for a Lyons coached team playing.

Happy to see the dockers get up, more for my dislike of the Saints than any like of yousouth africans, i mean western australians  :D

Congrats on the win, toughest gig freo dont win at ethihad or v the saints so looking good in 2012, Barlow and Pearce and a fit dandi must be giving you supporters warm fuzzies even if fyfe is in questionable health.

valkorum

Hill picking up 28 touches with significant touches late in the game is very exciting as well.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: valkorum on April 21, 2012, 12:07:31 AM
Hill picking up 28 touches with significant touches late in the game is very exciting as well.

He was tagged real close the entire first half think he had 9 at half time, faught back really well, might be about to mature/break out as a player, that doesnt mean 40 touches a game just he will be better more effective and have more impact, pretty impressive 2nd half from him, when a lot of players would have sooked and gone into thier shell.

Pity Pendles can't handle a tag as well as he can  ::)

Capper

Does this make Freo contenders though??
Beat Cats and Saints but not Swans

Cicjose

i dont know about contenders but i think the forward line is more potent without Pavlich in it.

obviously when you have a goal kicker like Pavlich he can bail them out when in doubt going forward

but i believe Pavlich should be used as a decoy more often

Ringo

I like the look of Pearce especially with the lingering doubts about Fyfe.  Ran with Tags last night and imo had the better of him. (My bad looked at him as a replacement for Fyfe but went with Boomer hope i do not regret it!!!)

Agree CIC Freo looked better without Pav camped in Forward line as it was very open.

Be interesting to see how this game plan stands up against the Hawks chip around style. (Bring on Round 8)

Next weeks Game and the game against Hawthorn will answer whether Freo are genuine contenders this year.

Barlow 21

Quote from: Ringo on April 21, 2012, 10:12:56 AM
I like the look of Pearce especially with the lingering doubts about Fyfe.  Ran with Tags last night and imo had the better of him. (My bad looked at him as a replacement for Fyfe but went with Boomer hope i do not regret it!!!)

Agree CIC Freo looked better without Pav camped in Forward line as it was very open.

Be interesting to see how this game plan stands up against the Hawks chip around style. (Bring on Round 8)

Next weeks Game and the game against Hawthorn will answer whether Freo are genuine contenders this year.
They play Carlton next round....

CrowsFan

Quote from: Barlow 21 on April 21, 2012, 01:15:47 PM
Quote from: Ringo on April 21, 2012, 10:12:56 AM

They play Carlton next round....
Yeah that's why he said next weeks game and the game against Hawks will answer weather they are contenders or not.

Colliwobblers

Carlton will blow them away, they will try to lock it down but will fail epicly, blues way to fast and far too much class on the ball.

That said Sydney is a top 8 side so losing to them is no disgrace, I reckon freo with a bit of luck away from home are good for a top 8 finish comfortably, but have a long way to go to match it with the top 4.

Which atm is Carlton - Hawthorn - WCE - Geelong. Pies GONE now but have the potential to rejoin that bunch that are clearly capable of beating all other sides.

Ziplock

really? atm my top 4 is looking more like carlton, hawthorn, wce and freo.

Geelong and Collingwood certainly have the potential to get back up there as well.

valkorum

What now Colli - Carlton just lost to an injury depleted Bombers

Ziplock

to be fair, carlton copped a couple of injuries very early on.