Sometimes, it just comes down to luck

Started by MLS, April 15, 2012, 10:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLS

If you'd have told me on Friday that Pendlebury would have a spud game and rack-up 62 SC points I'd say you're dreaming. Pendlebury doesn't have bad games. He is too good to tag, and even a bad game is still 100 SC points. I'll stick with my man who has racked it up more times than I can remember.

The rest is history, and my other choice GAJ racks up 182, a difference as captain of 240 SC points. Pretty much the difference between an OK score, and a complete disaster.

What can you do? Nothing, just stick to the plans you laid out for 3 months pre-season and back yourself in.

Same goes for knee jerk trading. If you want to get on the Stanton or the Dempsey bus, or even get off the Broughton bus, it's too late. The bus has left. You are either on it, or you're not. As soon as you're chasing the bus, you're screwed.

Just back yourself in. That's why I'll put the C back on Pendles this week, and I picked him, just like everyone else in my team for a reason.

HotTiges

yeah all good and well but he was completely smashed by Carrazzo who gave him a hard tag and hurt him going the other way. Most teams will hard tag him now which is a shame as he is a match winner.. mind you he should destroy Port unless Kane hard tags him

oldshepp

Gutsy move.  I think GAJ is the safer bet.  The GC boys look for him at every opportunity.  He is their back, mid and even fwd link man :)

Ringo

Remember Gold Coast play Brisbane next week so it may pay to keep C on Ablett.

MLS

I was more using this as an example, not to jump ship on the back of one bad performance

BlackMamba

You didn't lose 240 SC points.

Your situation with Pendles as C is 2 x 64 = 128 + 182 = 310

If GAJ was C then it would be 182 x 2 = 364 +  64 = 428

Difference is 118. Still a bit I guess but not as bad as 240 lol.

The Bomber

pendles will bounce back against other teams...i didnt watch the match, but surely it couldnt be only the carrazzo tag that neutralised him...he has broken tags after tags in the previous years

mpollock

Well said MLS!!

For me I will jump ship with the captain and lock in Ablett for the rest of the year.
Pendles as captain this week and I lost by 20 points ... also got my worst SC score that I can ever remember!! 1963 is a disgrace!!!  Dempsey and Fyfe didn't help matters i suppose.

But i like you point about backing your decisions - i am not upset i traded Broughton to Dempsey ... just annoyed that Dempsey got injured ... that is just plain bad luck ...

yorgis

it's not the first time pendles has been tagged. carrazzo just did a fantastic job and the ball and luck just went the baggers' way.

i'll guarantee pendles won't cough up a score like that for a long, long time.