M Johnson.... Will he keep it up??

Started by jumbo, April 17, 2012, 12:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbo

With worries about Fyfe's future/risk or possible chance reinjury etc and possible price drop. Is it worth taking a gamble on M Johnson as a replacement. Can he keep up this average of 90-100 and what are his prospects? Anyone got some forsight into this player? I don't really know him too well as I have not watched many of his games.

I'm liking his current average and DPP that I can swap with smedts in and out of the forward line.

My trade plan was ship Fyfe out, sub in smedts to fwd and place johnson in back line then sub him back for smedts again...

My other thoughts were either get Carazzo in or Hurn and keep the 83k towards upgrades later.. thoughts on Hurn?

So 60 views and no opinions. C'mon guys help me out here. Is M johnson worth considering and who would get him in his team for his current price?

ben_020285

I think Johnson will be serviceable but will probably end up averaging around the 80 - 85 mark by season's end. I think you're probably better off going with a proven premium.

tor01doc

Hurn could be a keeper this year.

Prefer him.

Wait for Fyfe though - he may play!

JT23

I watched him at both home games and I really do think he is trusted with the football in his hands, Ross lyon gives him a lot of space to fight through himself and he is excelling at this position.. I would have him STRAIGHT into my team BUT the only thing that is stopping is Paul Duffield... He is the loose man in defense and if he wasnt Johnson would be the first person to take that from him.. So atm I'm worried that they might share the ball down there but neither of them may average over 82+ therefore they might both be a waste of time OR both worth taking the risk on.. I am thinking of taking the risk.. I already put Johnson in my sc team last week but may put him in my dt this week. Duffield I havent made a move on yet but if Fyfe is out and broughton goes into the midfield then I will consider Duffield as a high risk high reward player for my team too

JT23

I dont think Johnson would fail you he just may not over excite you... for eg no 120+'s but consistent between 80-105