Previous topic - Next topic

Which one to replace Broughton?

Dempsey
14 (36.8%)
Malceski
24 (63.2%)

Total Members Voted: 2

quinny88

Strongly considering one of these to replace broughton and accompany my backline of
Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Lake, Morris, Ellis, Bugg, Mohr.

Both injury prone players but look set for good years.

Eski a known supercoach performer started the year strongly.

Dempsey never been a good supercoach player but looks a new man this season and has started the year very nicely

Colliwobblers

flip a coin both comes down not to ability but to staying in one piece, malceski probably more likely but dempsey is the choses link man out of defence he will see plenty of it, so if he keeps his efficiency up could rise up like the yarran on 2011.

may not see either as a keeper but they may make the cut forr your D7 and will make you a lot of cash,

mpollock

If you have the cash ... Eski for sure!!!
But watch that he is not injured and will play next week ... if he doesn't train then that would be a concern.

I have had Eski since the start .... i am TRYING not to get sucked into Dempsey the same way people were sucked into many other mid priced defenders.

(Note: Look at their history ... Eski has a pretty solid record when he plays all games!!)

quinny88

Yeah i will have the cash because its a replacement for broughton. think they both have potential to become keepers

ronl

For me it comes down to a choice between Heppell and Dempsey with a leaning to Heppell mainly because he doesn't seem to be injury prone.  Love Malceski as a player but not with a history of two knee recons.

jfitty

Malceski for me. As you said, he is a proven performer, and personally I'm not sold on Dempsey being a keeper just yet. Although if you could use the cash saved by picking Dempsey instead then he may be worth a punt

sheperd

Just keep Broughton.

But if you have to trade go with Malceski for sure.

HotTiges

hmm, probably go Malceski.. got Heppall myself and pretty happy so far

ubeaut

Great question,tough choice. I've got Malceski(so far so good) but dissapointed I missed Dempsey. What put me off is he's never been a high scorer. But his PS was massive,with Hird saying he's playing better partly due to an attitude change. Am surprised(and I'm a Bombers man) at his scores and the way he's playing. With Heppel playing more mid he's the main rebounder. If he can keep it up(and that is the issue) he is obviously better value than Eski. However, Eski is more proven. He just got 104 with 65% game time,and was named one of the Swans best. Imagine what he can do with 85%? Kinda wish Lake had bombed again so I could have Dempsey as well!