VC Loophole dilemma?

Started by kilbluff1985, April 05, 2012, 11:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Hey guys have a really tough dilemma on my hands after Murphy's huge score of apparently 145 had him as Vice Captain would love to lock the score in but all my rookies are playing which is awesome but so his Murphy's score i don't know what to do just leave GAJ as Captain and prey or do the deadly sin? really don't want to just seeing what others would do?

Appreciate replies, Thanks.

tigerboy

What can u do beyond trading a playing rookie to non playing rookie so unfortunately u have no choice .

Talisman

Yeah, you don't have a dilemma. Without a non-playing rookie, it's a moot point. You'd be insane to burn a trade just to get Murphy's score for Capt... Keep your trades & back in Pendles or GAJ to smash out a 150+ point game... Reckon Pendles playing the Tiges is your best option.

Marstar

Hope for a late change prior to lock out :P

MC

You're on close to 250 from 2 players anyway, stop being so greedy! Haha

Don't stress, GAJ will easily pump out a 120, if not more so you won't lose much (If any).

itchytradefinger

You've got both Smedts and Paine selected as fwds which is kinda annoying (they're both fwd/def).

Cazalys Cougars

Pretty solid looking team there anyway what did you score in round 1? Gun midfield especially.

I'd be going safety first and don't burn a trade for the sake of it. Ablett/Pendles should get around that.

Tiggerfan

You've got the luxury of having 2 other guns in Ablett and Pendlebury. At the worst they'd score maybe 120. So is it worth using a trade for 40-50 points. But then again Pendlebury could smash out another 167 so you'd finish in front anyway. AAh the beauty of Supercoach... ;)

CrowsFan

Quote from: Tiggerfan on April 06, 2012, 01:46:38 PM
You've got the luxury of having 2 other guns in Ablett and Pendlebury. At the worst they'd score maybe 120. So is it worth using a trade for 40-50 points. But then again Pendlebury could smash out another 167 so you'd finish in front anyway. AAh the beauty of Supercoach... ;)
If Pendles or Ablett got 120 he would only be gaining 25 by keeping Murphy VC and bringing in a non playing player. Definitely not worth wasting a trade for just 25 points!

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Cazalys Cougars on April 06, 2012, 12:49:55 PM
Pretty solid looking team there anyway what did you score in round 1? Gun midfield especially.

I'd be going safety first and don't burn a trade for the sake of it. Ablett/Pendles should get around that.

thanks got 2240 first round

Torpedo10

I'm SOOO Lucky that I took abit of a risk and put in Murph, Pendles and GAJ into my mids not mentioning another GUN in Watson. I VCed Murph and I have Baguley as non-playeing player so lucky, Bit disappointed with DT start tho, Rocky and Scotland equals 162 from 2. Still possibility for 2250 but more likely 2200 with GAJ captain if he blows a BIG score.

nathan11

147 x2 294 + 120.  (gaj) = 414.   120 x 2 240 +147 = 387 only 27 pts if captain only scores 120 but if you really want those points (not for me) only 1 to trade would be orren maybe to derixxx but best just to be happy that you have him in your team scoring well

Torpedo10

Quote from: nathan11 on April 06, 2012, 03:27:57 PM
147 x2 294 + 120.  (gaj) = 414.   120 x 2 240 +147 = 387 only 27 pts if captain only scores 120 but if you really want those points (not for me) only 1 to trade would be orren maybe to derixxx but best just to be happy that you have him in your team scoring well
Murph got 147? NICE!!!

Tiggerfan

Thanks for the correction CrowsFan I get caught out with that all the time....