Main Menu

Paul Bower

Started by NFI Police, April 06, 2012, 09:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFI Police

Just after some thoughts around this guy..hardly been mentioned

He is rookie priced and has scored 62 & 93. Just wondering about when Jamison comes back his job security for one and whether that would free him up some more...

23rookie23

Thats the BIG question.

Will he be dropped for jammo and Duigan?

If he stays in then he could be another S Martin but he has a good chance of being dropped for them as well.

If you have him then your laughing but if not I would wait to see if he is named in the team with the likes of jamo and duigan.

DazBurg

had him in my team in preseason but wasn't sure of JS either so upgraded him to birchall so i cant really complain  :)

bluedreamin

With the Blues playing the way they are they will be in no hurry to rush Jamo or Duigan back in.

tor01doc

Don't touch him.

JS about as healthy as Brisbane's forward line.

phiz3

Duigan will come in for Russel

Jamo in for Armfield/Touey

I think Bower JS is a little better than people think.
Also if he is getting back into form after all his injuries, then carlton would be mad to drop him.
A few years ago he was the first carlton defender picked. And after last night, he could well be again soon.

Jamo is a full back, not a rebounding defender. different role to the one Bower plays.
Duigan plays a similar role, but can play small as well so i think a russel/armfield or touey would make way before Bower.

Just my thoughts. That being said, I dont have bower.

Am seriously considering burning one of ellis/morris next week to get him.

:)

sid3bysid3

It's him or laidlaw and I'd say the latter is more valuable to them

quinny88

he played one ok game against a team they beat by 90 points.. big deal.
he'll get the ass soon as injured players are back

lozmeister

He played a good game last night and certainly his performances have not hurt his chances at being retained.  I particularly liked the way he pushed up the ground and didn't stay locked in the 50m defensive zone.

It is risky, although I do believe that Bower's JS is slightly better than people think.  Ratten has already said that he will not rush in Duigan or Jamison.  Plus, as a cashcow, you really only need Bower to string together 7 or so games.  If he doesn't end up playing regularly early in the season, perhaps this just means that he is one of the last defensive "rookies" to "ripen", ie. I imagine most people will want to cash out Ellis and/or Morris before the Rnd 13 bye anyway.

IMHO I see Russell (who has worn the green and orange vest in the first two games) coming out for Jamison (being a simple reversal of when Russell came in as a late replacement for Jamison in Rnd 24 last year).