Round 1 Pre-lockout mistakes

Started by Romulus, April 01, 2012, 01:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romulus

Any last minute changes you made that have your teams score dip drastically from 'what could have been'?

I've had a few, all pretty much 50/50 calls and all fails.

Hanley out Heppell in (Hanley was in team all preseason but got the yips)
Birchall out Shaw in (Going on the Birchall has only had 1 good season idea)
Callinan out Porplyzia in (Too scared to field a 2nd year player (yet i fielded Heppell and a man with no shoulder))
Jmac out Shiel in (not too upset about this)
Selwood out Swan in (didnt want to miss out on the possibility of Swan going bonkers)

Not too fussed about my premiums this week, really just a week to see if you have the right rookies. Mid-pricer fails could hurt tho.

kilbluff1985

Pretty happy with my team really besides my 3 GWS forwards were Smith, Hampton, Cameron on the bench don't know i did not have Kennedy instead of Cameron like i did in SC got S.Thompson, Murphy, Pendles, GAJ(C) as premium mids chose thommo for his easy draw

defense pretty much have everyone Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Birchall and Heppell

just waiting to see what Goddard and Cox will do tomorrow on 1974 now

esquire

Stanton OUT, Boyd in. I know in the long run Boyd will more than justify the selection, but with 3 hours to go before lock out I got spooked. Would have loved to have snagged the 150 from BS. Also Callinan out and Danger in. Damn it. But the season is long and the retribution will come (hopefully).

Mr.Craig

Selwood/Kennedy/Bugg/Waters out Parker/Lynch/Howard/Birchall in

So far I've given up 250 odd points and copped a green vest, red vest/injury + ?. Looks like Birchall has paid off at least.

As the kids say - epic fail.

Fireballz

I'm pretty embarrassed but it feels good to share. I forgot to set my emergencies.
Don't care about overall anyway so not that bothered but it would have been nice to add the 150+ to my score :(

jamesalex

1. Didn't put a GWS DPP player on my midfield bench. (forcing me to get Tom Couch instead of Clay Smith)
2. Birchall for Adcock few minutes before lockout.
3. Started Shiel over JMac. In hindsight, a silly decision.

Romulus

Yeh its pretty annoying how the greatest enemy of a dreamteam coach is himself. You would think some of my choices would have paid off but oh well. It's only week 1 these choices we made could well turn out for the better.