What's the norm?

Started by jeesh, March 27, 2012, 10:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many premiums 500K+ are you starting with?

5 (15.2%)
18 (54.5%)
7 (21.2%)
none of the above
3 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 1

2 large cokes

you'll use your 8 upgrades. and then have to upgrade some more once Heath shaw has a brain fade, broughtons roller coaster crashes, lids hammy comes off the bone, selwood gets knocked out for ten weeks and chapman gets a corky an misses every second game!

basically I can garantee you'll need more than 8 upgrades. sometime starting with too many prems can be a risk incase of injury and form drop offs. for me 12 is enough. but hey everyone's got there strategy.

tor01doc

Hey 2 large,

Yes all of that could well happen but I reckon the scoring potential of the premiums make them worth it.

Risky mid pricers are less likely to be keepers and are just as likely to get injured - eg Malceski, Grimes , Brown, Lake, Dempsey etc.

Ringo

Have 12 plus 3 between $400 and $500k

tor01doc

Yes RRRingo,

Those 400 - 500 allow you to buy top top top premiums and will hopefully rise to become keepers.

I like the look of guys like Sidebottom, Danger, Adcock, Hanley, even NRoo and Hurn could fire but have gone with more proven guys with solid 2011's.

That is unless I change my team another 452 times.

jeesh

I've ummed and arghhed about hurn. if only he could get a bit more touch he would be gold. he only needs 20 touches to score the ton but in only one season (2009) has he averaged 20 disposals giving him a 93 average. this talk about him unleashing the barrel and breaking through the zone what impact will this have on his scoring?

MC

Well the impact will be very positive if he can kick them accurately, but also negative if he sprays more often than not. Metres gained will be huge, which is favoured in SC, especially if it is to advantage.

MC

** On a side note he was quoted saying he could nail 6/10 on average.

ben_020285

12 premiums with N Riewoldt, Lake and Porplyzia. Hoping that N Roo and Lake become keepers. Porplyzia is in as a cash cow and a better alternative to a rookie.

15 rookies with 7 of them being GWS players.

GlassHarmonium

12 with suckling.. does he count as premium he's 492k

ben_020285

Quote from: GlassHarmonium on March 28, 2012, 03:13:37 PM
12 with suckling.. does he count as premium he's 492k

I'll pay that.

tor01doc

I won't. >$500K  for me and Hawks backline of Birchall, Gibson, Guerra, Puopolo, Murphy, Schoenmakers and with Gilham, Stratton maybe pushing again as well as Burgoyne on a HBF and even Gunston and Boumann...tough to score a lot more than last year and he's not going to be able to fly under the radar much longer.

What about Adcock? $490K?

GlassHarmonium

Quote from: tor01doc on March 28, 2012, 03:45:37 PM
I won't. >$500K  for me and Hawks backline of Birchall, Gibson, Guerra, Puopolo, Murphy, Schoenmakers and with Gilham, Stratton maybe pushing again as well as Burgoyne on a HBF and even Gunston and Boumann...tough to score a lot more than last year and he's not going to be able to fly under the radar much longer.

What about Adcock? $490K?

You do put forward a good argument, i just wanted someone different in my team ive had adcock last few years and he's never really performed that well for me. I do however have 50k sitting in the bank do you think Birchall or even S.fisher is a better option ?

batt

Yeah most people aren't going all out with 14 prems because you throw one of the byes straight up.  Still a very sound tactic for winning the league.