R1 starting team...a lot of rookies...

Started by twinkle, March 23, 2012, 02:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinkle

Goddard, Delidio, Lake, Howard, Ellis, Mohr, Bugg <Smedts, Morris (E)>

Pendlebury, Ablett (C), Sellwood, Caddy, Coniglio, Magner <Sheil (E), Kerridge>

Cox, Nic-Nat <Giles, Redden>

Franklin, Fyfe, Pavlich, Rioli, Sidebottom, Porplyzia, Simth <Hall (E), Tomlinson>

$223K still in bank - perhaps too much.

Some possible concerns come bye time - but I'm reasonably confident of making finals even if I drop a bye game or two - and really want the best side possible at the end.

A lot of rookies in the backs and mids, whilst forward line close to full. Theory being rookies in fwd line (particularly GWS) find it harder to score well.

Ideally I'd probably start another premium in the backs but don't have enough $ so figure I may as well try out Lake.

Any comments or suggestions appreciated! Thanks

felsty

gotta use up your money, its doing nothing just sitting there and you only have 9-10 proven premiums out there.. you really need 13 at least to be competitive
for me i think you need to upgrade either lake or howard big time to a proven premium such as shaw
downgrade pendlebury as you will be able to get him later in the year, prob downgrade cox as well as he is sure to go down, maybe to a mumford?

try getting as least 4 premiums in your backs and forward and then get at least 5 proven premiums collectively in your rucks and mids

jasonf001

I liked the idea of Sidebottom, I just think Dangerfield will get more of a run through in the middle for the same price.
Downgrade Pendles and save 100k to bring in an extra backman with the cash left over.
If your still short I agree with feltsy, Cox to Mumford shouldn't hurt you.