Any changes or thoughts appreciated :)

Started by remon tea, March 19, 2012, 02:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

remon tea

DEF -   Goddard, Shaw, Birchall, Broughton, Lake, Ellis, Bugg                /      Darley, Smedts

MID - Ablett, Murphy, Swan, Mitchell, Miles, Magner                            /      C Smith, L Brown

FWD -   Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Sidebotton, Porplyzia, D Smith, Dickson   /      Couch, Cameron

Not much coin left in the kitty, but then again you don't earn interest on it. Any thoughts would be delightful.

lcdownes

remon tea

DEF -   Goddard, Shaw, Birchall, Broughton, Lake, Ellis, Bugg                /      Darley, Smedts

MID - Ablett, Murphy, Swan, Mitchell, Miles, Magner                            /      C Smith, L Brown

RUC - Mumford, McIntosh                                                               /       Redden, Giles

FWD -   Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Sidebotton, Porplyzia, D Smith, Dickson   /      Couch, Cameron

My bad.

tor01doc

Nice bog standard team.

Don't be offended by that comment.

Your backline is the most common combination in the world.

Mids - good first 3 guns and Mitchell a great choice too but this leaves you less money elsewhere and fewer mid rookies who will get you cash. Having said that, I find it hard to advise getting rid of any of those guys you've selected since they'll be there all year long.

Rucks - HMc - not worth it IMO. Get a rookie and then upgrade to Cox later when he drops.

Maybe one more F premium if possible.

I'd get rid of HMc and maybe up Sidebottom for Goodes if you can afford him.

Good luck.

remon tea

3 rookie rucks a good idea? I'm pretty sceptical about it tbh.

tor01doc

3 rookies in ruck or 2 guns.

I think the in between is riskier as unless R2 guns it, you'll need trades which will be handy later for General Soreness and other unforeseen circumstances like ACL's, high elbows, hammies, gambling lapses etc etc.

A lot of teams are going 3 rookies in the ruck and it can help improve other lines. It's not as if you can't use the money elsewhere.

Compare a couple of sides, one with Cox/Mummy and the other with Mummy and 3 rookies (Giles/Redden/Stephenson).

Look at the strengths of the other lines and you'll see overall not much difference. It's just what floats your boat.

I'm going mad and doing 3 rookies with a different strategy all together.

Check this...

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,51341.0.html

remon tea

That's a seriously wacked out strategy, could pay dividends though.

Kudos to mentioning gambling lapses as a unforeseen circumstance :P it's shaw to happen again

tor01doc

remon tea

Not entirely sure what rubbery joke means.

tor01doc

Silly joke. Sorry.

Thought your name was a pray on Lemon tea.