what happened to this guy...

Started by Goddard_18, March 18, 2012, 09:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf67

Quote from: afl_freak2 on March 19, 2012, 06:24:00 PM
i dont hate north at all!! i just think some of their young players are not to the standard of some of the other teams going around!! you can put that down to poor recruitment over the years. north are like the swans they dont have the best players going around but they find a way to win.I just find it hard to beleive gibson is not in their best 22?!?! i think its down right stupid!! i would never like to see north melb fold as a team........ they have a great history and deserve to be in the comp! best of luck for the year ahead :)
I appreciate your good wishes aflfreak2.

I regard to the recruiting, yes they have made some poor decisions, but some very good ones aswell. the recruiters are by no means robinson crusoe on that front though.

Hansen at pick 3 was a poor one, with selwood at 7.  I remember north picking david trotter at pick 9 years ago, and there were a few other poor picks back then.

Swallow at 44 and Goldstein were very good pick ups later in the draft.  bastinac was a good pick up at 19.  I think the young players at north will be fine, but they need a bit of time.  We will agree to disagree on that one though.

All the best and thanks for your comment.
Wolf

Wolf67

Quote from: steven_ora on March 19, 2012, 06:26:38 PM
lol north
This is an excellent piece of journalism steven.  I look forward to your next piece with great anticipation, but steven, please publish your own great football club. 

If you are a cats supporter, then well done on some great football over the past five years.  You would certainly be free to laugh it up at the expense of my club.

If you are a hawks supporter, then you have had some great success over a long period of time, and you could really laugh your @rse off, in particular you could laugh loudly at my club.

C'mon steven, give us some more info mate.

Wolf67

Quote from: yorgis on March 19, 2012, 06:32:06 PM
i think maybe most people neglect roo rookie players only because they don't understand scott's thinking in playing them.

most seem to be in out in out all the time [ no one trusts his selections thats why its hard to pick norths rookies to play
yeah very good point yorgis.

pederson should have played earlier last year.  He played the first game and then had to make way for petire and goldstein, so i think it was more a case of being a taller kpp, he didn't get teh opportunities early.  once he got a regular game he was in the side for the duration of the season and was very good.

atley and harper both got games and were OK.  Richo got a lot of the ball, but had very poor disposal so he was not good enough to make the best 22.

bastinac ws very good in his first year, 2010,a nd played all 22 games.  cunnington was injured early, and had to wait to recover from his foot injury before he got his chance.

Anthony in his first year, 2009 was on track for R1, then had stress fractures in his foot, but once he was OK, then he played the rest of the year and scored well.  Ziebell played 10 games that year, but broke his leg in a game at aami stadium.

I think they will play the best 22.  Gibson appears to be close to selection but it may take an injury before he gets his chance.

steven_ora

Quote from: Wolf67 on March 19, 2012, 07:35:30 PM
lol north
This is an excellent piece of journalism steven.  I look forward to your next piece with great anticipation, but steven, please publish your own great football club. 

If you are a cats supporter, then well done on some great football over the past five years.  You would certainly be free to laugh it up at the expense of my club.

If you are a hawks supporter, then you have had some great success over a long period of time, and you could really laugh your @rse off, in particular you could laugh loudly at my club.

hahah knew i would get this reaction lmao!!

Wolf67

Quote from: steven_ora on March 19, 2012, 08:12:46 PM
lol north

Western Bulldogs supporter steven.  Ha Ha Ha.

How was the 1954 premiership Steven.  You must have really partied til dawn mate.  Were you able to buy any grog Steven, or were all the pubs and bottleshops closed by 6pm.  In any case, what a great night al you doggies fans must have enjoyed.  Hopefully you can win another flag sometime in the next century.  That will give you 2.  HaHaHaHaHa.  LOL

steven_ora

Quote from: Wolf67 on March 19, 2012, 08:21:30 PM
lol north

How was the 1954 premiership Steven.  You must have really partied til dawn mate.  Were you able to buy any grog Steven, or were all the pubs and bottleshops closed by 6pm.  In any case, what a great night al you doggies fans must have enjoyed.  Hopefully you can win another flag sometime in the next century.  That will give you 2.  HaHaHaHaHa.  LOL

hahaha i think this guy is too dumb to understand what im doing, he would be a bullies dream just keeps on reacting...

Wolf67

Quote from: steven_ora on March 19, 2012, 08:45:11 PM
lol north

hahaha i think this guy is too dumb to understand what im doing, he would be a bullies dream just keeps on reacting...
Steven, Steven, Steven.  Not a matter of being dumb.  Quite the opposite, but I won't bore you with any of my credentials, or who I am. 

I'm at work at the moment, so I need to fill in the hours somehow and I'm really enjoying this conversation.  I have a few hours to go so keep your comments coming.  In your own time hopefully.

What I'm trying to find out from you is if you went to the 1954 grand final or did you listen on the wireless, and did you hit the piss afterwards to celebrate. 

steven_ora

Quote from: Wolf67 on March 19, 2012, 08:55:14 PM
Quote from: steven_ora on March 19, 2012, 08:45:11 PM
lol north

Steven, Steven, Steven.  Not a matter of being dumb.  Quite the opposite, but I won't bore you with any of my credentials, or who I am. 

I'm at work at the moment, so I need to fill in the hours somehow and I'm really enjoying this conversation.  I have a few hours to go so keep your comments coming.  In your own time hopefully.

What I'm trying to find out from you is if you went to the 1954 grand final or did you listen on the wireless, and did you hit the piss afterwards to celebrate.

wtf are you like 70 years old?? thank god north didnt get shipped over to the gold coast, you would definetely not have fit in there...

Wolf67

Now I'm getting a good reaction Steven.  This is great stuff.

Not quite 70 years old.  Much younger than that.  But I do remember the Footscray Football Club and the old days down at the western oval.

I actually wanted North to go to the Gold Coast.  A lot of north supporters voted to stay, so its something you have no control over as a supporter, so you just roll with the punches.

I beg to differ about me fitting in at the Gold Coast.  In about 30 years I think it would be a nice spot to retire and buy myself some nice white shoes with soem gold chains.

Steven it looks like you weren't at the game, but If anyone else remembers the 1954 grand final could they tell me what it was like and who played well for the doggies.

I may have to go and do some actual work soon, but i will be back to chat more.

kind regards steven
Wolf

steven_ora

Quote from: Wolf67 on March 19, 2012, 09:23:51 PM
Now I'm getting a good reaction Steven.  This is great stuff.

Not quite 70 years old.  Much younger than that.  But I do remember the Footscray Football Club and the old days down at the western oval.

I actually wanted North to go to the Gold Coast.  A lot of north supporters voted to stay, so its something you have no control over as a supporter, so you just roll with the punches.

I beg to differ about me fitting in at the Gold Coast.  In about 30 years I think it would be a nice spot to retire and buy myself some nice white shoes with soem gold chains.

Steven it looks like you weren't at the game, but If anyone else remembers the 1954 grand final could they tell me what it was like and who played well for the doggies.

I may have to go and do some actual work soon, but i will be back to chat more.

kind regards steven
Wolf

i can guarentee Teddy Whitten tore it up, i believe he was better then any North Melbourne player that ever lived...

Wolf67

Thank you steven.  That's what I'm talkin about.

The great EJ Whitten.  He had a football ground named after him.  Was the great EJ Whitten better than the king, the one and only Wayne Carey?  Not sure cos I didn't see EJ play, but I'd love to get the opinion of someone who saw EJ and Carey play.

I was at a function last night and i was with a couple of mates, north supporters who were with me at the 1996 grand final.  The king played well that day.  Not his best game, but not his worst.  He played some better finals games such as the 1997 qual against geelong where he kicked 7 in the wet on benny graham, or the 2 finals he played in 1994. in 1999 he was getting beaten by SOS until pagan put the king on the ball and he had an immediate impact,a nd as good as SOS was, he looked lost in the midfield.  But we were discussing how the great king played such dominant football, whilst drinking heavily, and taking whatever other substances he took, who knows, but he played hard on and off the field.

In 1996 and 1999, we celebrated with a few beers, and it makes for a good night.  I have a few mates who are doggies supporters and hopefully they will get the chance to celebrate a flag cos its a good night when ya win one.   

steven_ora

is carey the one who slept with his team mates wife? top bloke, true legend... classic north

LEGEND....wait for it...i hope no one is lactose intolerant because the second part of this word is....DAIRY! LEGENDARY!!

Wolf67

yeah, carey has never been a good bloke.  Great player, but never a great bloke.  sleeping with your mates wife is not on.

Gotta go but enjoyed chattin to ya steven.