Is Porplyzia worth the risk?

Started by vtaced, March 13, 2012, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footyrulz

Yes. Hes cheap and got 133 in one and a half matches in nab cup.

Bill Manspeaker

atm my forward lilne is Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, D.Smith, Cameron   (Kerridge, Couch)

i was thinking of going Sidebottom -> Goodes and Dangerfield -> Porplyzia

Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Goodes, Porplyzia, D.Smith, Cameron   (Kerridge, Couch)

should i change or stay?

Sabretooth Tigers

Porplyzia has a break even of 42, if  he can't beat that substantially and in do so dish out some nice scores as well as
increase in price I'll be gobsmacked.

quinny88

I originally had a pure guns/rookies team and avoided porpas but as the pre season has gone on I have found it harder and harder to find consistant, injury free rookies, particularly in the forward line. I couldnt even tell you 3 forward rookies that are certain of a game round 1 let alone week in, week out. So for that reason im using porpas as a gap filler. Atleast he will play

HTM

I am iffy about picking him aswell.. atm i have got him, mainly because ADE have the easiest first 6  or 7 rounds. Therefore he will hopefully average around 85+ in the first 6 or 7 rounds.. I am expecting him to average around mid to high 70s throughout the year though. But I am planning to get rid of him early on.. Therefore spending 229k on a player like porpz, you know he has good job security, and from the decent player he is most likely he wont get the green vest. However he is injury prone, and sometimes might go missing in some games.

FonFatty

Porplyzia is not a risk at all. Any player that is priced around the $200k mark and is a proven scorer is not a risk at all, he's just one of those cows that you can milk really quickly. But if Adelaide to have a good season and Porps stays on the park he would almost be a keeper, he is in the same mould as Drew Petrie was last year.

Torress

porpz is a gun!!! not a massive fantasy scorer but not bad. good to watch, vice like hands when marking and a dead eye dick. gets in and under at times as well.

afl_freak2

where can i find break even scores ect ect??? thanks