(Updating..) Luigi 2012 - Italian Stallions ( PLEASE )

Started by Luigi197, December 13, 2011, 05:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

would go grimes over brown for balance (or similar) bit fwd heavy and def light, and def rooks score less than fwd/mid rooks, thats all i got nice team, west great pick for a mid priced ruck. stephensen will have to amaze to take the #1 spot, he will but maybe not till later in the season or next season.

Luigi197

So downgrade Brown to a rookie you say? or maybe downgrade Porplyzia instead? or wouldn't there be enough money that way?
I think there are plenty of mid-priced fwds worth picking, then there are defenders. Hence the strong fwd line...

Colliwobblers

whichever way you go doesnt make much difference just seems a lot of mid pricers in the fwd line but taking one away and adding one up back doesnt make much difference, except historically fwd rooks score better and go up faster than def rooks.

you would have to go brown to rook and rook to grimes or similar, if you go porps to rook, then you will need extra money to turn a def rook into a mid pricer like lake armstrong or even more to get up to grimes.

I put up a poll brown or grimes, got answered in favour of grimes by about 20 -5. Brown is safer tho  i think.

Luigi197

Luigi197

To win SuperCoach, you have to be prepared to risk it and just face facts. Don't wait on a player. If they under-perform as often as you'd like them NOT to, trade them out. Don't be hesitant. You go to risk it to get the biscuit.

Here is my updated team. Hadn't touched it for a while, but after looking at NAB cup games have developed this team. I have taken risks, and gone a bit off the norm structure. I will still wait for official SC scores to be released and round 1 teams to be released, until I cement my team in.

TEAM NAME: Italian Stallions

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, N. Malceski, B. Lake, M. Golby, B. Ellis (L. Spurr, B. Smedts)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Boyd, J. Selwood, C. Wingard, K. Stevens, D. Smith (C. Smith, S. Gibson)
RUC: D. Cox, H. McIntosh (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, M. Pavlich, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, P. Dangerfield, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad (G. Weedon, A. Hall)

CASH LEFT: $53,300

Luigi.

Jay

very solid team...dont see too many risks apart from the 3 midpricers in the backs, all good picks tho!

good luck :)

MajorLazer

Team looks pretty good overall Luigi. Not sure on Stevens or McIntosh though.

Also agree with Jayman, looks pretty safe. ;)

Luigi197

Thanks guys.

Yeah my backline is a little risky; although i think the structure part of it is risky. The players i am thinking at this stage shouldn't go too bad at all.
I like Stevens; especially if he plays round 1 ;)
And Macintosh i think wont be guaranteed a spot in my team, but it is because of him ive minimised the amount of rookies starting on field for me.