Pick him
25 (59.5%)
ignore him
3 (7.1%)
upgrade target
14 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1

TheBestThereIs

Gday fellas, i think dustin martin may be a good upgrade target rather than having him in your team from the start...this is purely because of richmonds tough start to the year and the fact that martin hasn't performed well against the top sides in previous seasons
thoughts?

alexross

Upgrade target for me but could be good all year. just couldnt fit him into my team or i might have him.

SydneyRox

By mid year it will ne too late to upgrade to him, the horse will have bolted!

Red Dirtie

He Loves the big games, you will notice thats were he turns it up!

Good luck trying to get him in later!

Rowan1812

i don't see what the big hype is over this bloke. Nearly everyone is putting him in their team. Have a look at his super coach scores from last season. Had a patch of like 8 games where he did f all. Scored around 50 - 80 for lots of games in a row. Not someone you want in your team. Don't wanna rely on his for a big score when he has too many low scores. So NO don't get him. Way better options than him.

Wolf67

There are 6 potential options I see in the under $500k bracket, so martin is not a must have starter.

Martin with that tough early draw wil be an upgrade target for me.  $536k is by no means a bargain price, so I believe at some stage throughout the season, he will become available at a better price.

RobsOverAchieverss

I think he like a Rockcliff the only way is down atm for his scores, However the kid can play and will be one of the leagues elite in a couple of years.

Capper

Looking to get him into my team after the first 4 -6 weeks

meow meow

Got owned by Townsend today. Still can't handle a tag.

mpollock

As much as i don't want to pick him ... for team structure purposes I feel it is a must.

The alternatives that are cheaper ... (because in my case I can't go more expensive without restructuring my team again!!)

1) Cloke ... Bye clash for me with Fyfe and Sidebottom and I don't see any upside for him
2) Sylvia ... definately not ... need i say more ... plus i think he was injured this week anyway
3) Petrie ... not with the whole confusing Goldie / HMac saga
4) Zak - not sold that his body will hold up ... great player however ... also can't see him scoring any more then last year personally
5) Lewis - solid player but again no upside
6) Gray - the only real alternative but just hasn't ever come on and still don't think he will again this year
7) Robinson - basely sighted in the preseason ... also will lose to many point from the Judd, Murphy, Gibbs stars to gain to much money
8) Leah Adams - maybe next year
9) Stokes - no
10) Gian ... very hot and cold ... no upside
11) N.Roo - has shown absolutely nothing in the preseason ... could be in for another shocker i reckon!!

Perhaps Hurley but as a key position will be up and down to much
Sidebottom .... an alternative but I already have him!!!

If you have some spare coin you could go up to Chapman but I don't trust his body and he is getting on a bit ...
If you have further coin then you can get two clearly better players ... Pav and Goodes .. (i already have Franklin and Fyfe)

So unfortunately it is a yes - lock!!

Talisman

Quote from: mpollock on March 18, 2012, 03:54:19 AM
As much as i don't want to pick him ... for team structure purposes I feel it is a must.

The alternatives that are cheaper ... (because in my case I can't go more expensive without restructuring my team again!!)

1) Cloke ... Bye clash for me with Fyfe and Sidebottom and I don't see any upside for him
2) Sylvia ... definately not ... need i say more ... plus i think he was injured this week anyway
3) Petrie ... not with the whole confusing Goldie / HMac saga
4) Zak - not sold that his body will hold up ... great player however ... also can't see him scoring any more then last year personally
5) Lewis - solid player but again no upside
6) Gray - the only real alternative but just hasn't ever come on and still don't think he will again this year
7) Robinson - basely sighted in the preseason ... also will lose to many point from the Judd, Murphy, Gibbs stars to gain to much money
8) Leah Adams - maybe next year
9) Stokes - no
10) Gian ... very hot and cold ... no upside
11) N.Roo - has shown absolutely nothing in the preseason ... could be in for another shocker i reckon!!

Perhaps Hurley but as a key position will be up and down to much
Sidebottom .... an alternative but I already have him!!!

If you have some spare coin you could go up to Chapman but I don't trust his body and he is getting on a bit ...
If you have further coin then you can get two clearly better players ... Pav and Goodes .. (i already have Franklin and Fyfe)

So unfortunately it is a yes - lock!!

+1. Spot on. It's easy to say no to a player (in many cases), but what is much harder is to then logically analyze the alternatives & find a better/more capable player. I think in this instance mpollock has hit it on the head - I also (like many others) already have Buddy & Fyfe, & see Martin as the next best option - as with any fantasy football, you need to be looking for players who have upside - Fyfe & Martin (& Dangerfield) are both still young, thus a player like Martin still has the capacity to improve & turn that run of games where he scored 50-80 for 8 games last year into a "lean spell" where he scores 80-90 ppg.

So a yes for me.

thewizz

Tossing up between a fit Chappy and a still relatively unknown Martin - leaning towards Chappy atm.

quinny88

Its funny the people saying "he doesnt perform against the good teams" and another common one is "he had alot of quiet games in previous years"... Um have people forgotten that hes a kid and has played 2 years of football. What more could he have done in 2 years of footy. Hes only going to get better and he is a must have in any side weather its round 1 or later on