3rd take....thoughts on what to do with the mids??

Started by PizzleDizzle, March 16, 2012, 11:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PizzleDizzle

B: B.Goddard, H.Shaw, G.Broughton, B.Lake, C.Dempsey, M.Clarke, B.Ellis   Em: P.Bower, S.Darley
M: G.Ablett, D.Swan, R.Griffen, J.McCarthy, S.Clifton, T.Ledger   Em: L.Sumner, A.Miles
R: D.Cox, M.Kreuzer    Em: J.Giles, J.Redden
F: L.Franklin, N.Fyfe, D.Martin, P.Dangerfield, J.Porplyzia, D.Smith, D.Pfeiffer   Em: J.Cameron, S.Kerridge

Thoughts and criticisms welcome.....all depending on which rookies play ofcourse....

I have $325,700 and would like to do more with the Mids, unless you guys have another suggestion as looking for the cash too!!

PizzleDizzle

I do have a thought of dropping a GWS Rookie and upgrading to a MPP (Mid FWD) or dropping Macarthy and going with Pav.

MC

Lake as D4 is much too risky - spend your cash on the defenders first. Mccarthy is solid but about 100k too expensive - either downgrade to a rookie or bring in a prem imo - if only he was mid/fwd!

tor01doc

I can only see 9 premiums.

Good teams seem to have 13 or even 14.

Lake / Dempsey / Clarke
McCarthy / Clifton / maybe Griffen
Kreuzer
Porps and maybe Danger

are all interesting with the common problem of being quite expensive and probably not keepers.

To upgrade so many guys will take a lot of trades and also you won't get enough cash boost from rookies who don't need to score a lot to get you good money.

Ringo

Agree that I can only see 9 prems (Martin and Dangerfield may be keepers taking to 11) Need to use your $325k on upgrades.
Backs: Lake a definite risk at D4. OK at D5 Would use 220K of your cash to upgrade Dempsey to Adcock, Birchall or Murphy.
You need to decide on which Mid and Ruck Structures you want. If comfortable with 3Prems and 3 Rook Mid Strategy and a 2 Prem 2 Rook Stragetgy I would downgrade McCarthy to rook and upgrade Kreuzer to Mumford - (Set and forget rucks)
Just Personal but prefer Boyd to Griffen in mids if cash allows.
Forward structure is sound and no tinkering required here.

No use having cash sitting in the bank when your other prems are not scoring.  Remember you only have 24 trades and if you stack up on mid price prems like you have done you will run out of trades prior to finals.

Team rating 7/10 but with adjustments as above 8.5/10.  Your team though only suggestions for improvement.

PizzleDizzle

Thanks ringo......for giving me some logic behind changes!