Please rate my team - looking for a league win

Started by hoppys_hawks, March 11, 2012, 06:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoppys_hawks

Any advice welcome, I haven't had much of a chance to see what's been happening with the NAB Cup.
Cheers
Matt

quinny88

if your going for league win then backs are really nice.
mids solid but get fyfe into the forward line
rucks are good
get rid of beams in the fwd, hes overpriced and there are better options

hoppys_hawks

Thanks Quinny - was thinking maybe Fyfe into fwd line for Beams, bring Swan into midfield, but leaves me about $90k short.
Wondering about maybe Hale in for Mummy, which frees up the cash for Swan?
Otherwise I downgrade Lake to a rookie to free up the cash.
CHeers

Ringo

Leave the decision to you but if it was my team I would move Fyfe to Forwards in place of Beams and bring in Reddan to mids. No need for other downgrades and keeps other lines strong. If you were to bring in Hale in Rucks serious risks with both Hale and McIntosh.

spasticnut

Mate u should go 3 and 3 in the midfield (3 premiums, 3 rookies), that will make the rest of your team stronger, also get rid of Beams and Retzlaff. Tom Mitchell and James Magner are injured atm aswell.

johnnytheboy1

Backs: With 4 premiums i don't see any problem here. Should have a good chance against others with this defence
Mids: Brown Shiel & Mitchell haven't played in the NAB cup due to injury. Fyfe is better suited up forward
Rucks: Mcintosh may be a concern after scoring on 24DT points ibefore being Subbed out.
Fwds: There are better options than Retzlaff who is not a high SC Scorer. You are better off downgrading Beams to Sidebottom

Overall Your team has a few weaknesses in the forward line but apart from that seems to be ok. I give you a 7.5/10

hoppys_hawks

Thanks for the helpful info, just catching up now on some rookie injury stories. Will have a play around and repost a new version shortly.
Cheers

hoppys_hawks

OK, done some serious modification - thoughts on this team most welcome.
Not completely convinced about either Hale in the forward line, or only 1 premium ruck, but happy with the back and mid structure, so bit hard to make changes. Only thought is to downgrade Hale to a rookie, and upgrade one of the rucks, maybe to HMac???

tor01doc

Guthrie probably won't outscore Clarke or Bower by much especially by from round 3 by which time JHunt will be back.

Wilkes will averagfe 13.2. Darley? Morris? Seem to have higher ceilings.

Love your mids. Too strong for some though.

1/3 rucks good.

Only 3 genuine premiums up front though.

Have you thought of Hale as R2, offload Boyd for Caddy, and have $515K free for a forward plus cash and maybe Coniglio too expensive for a rookie.

These thoughts of mine are free for you.

Cheers.

hoppys_hawks

Thanks tor01doc - esp with some of the rookies.

I like the idea of Hale to R2, but I'm less comfortable with on 3 Mid premiums. Boyd will score 110-120pts, Caddy - who knows, but maybe 70pts? Hale ~90pts to R2 instead of a rookie ~50-60pts. $515k for a new forward gets me Petrie ~90pts.
Either way that's around 250pts for the 3 positions - Boyd, rookie ruck and Hale, or Caddy, Hale and Petrie. I think the Boyd option is stronger, and easier to upgrade to a ruck premium than a mid.

More things to consider before Rd1.

Cheers  :)